Why I can't mention other people?

thanks for the info, but i think that is not the issue the topic starter and i have. i do not want to invite a collaborator to our team or a project.

based on the Figma documentation, you can mention collaborators, that have only a role on a file:

Team members can also mention collaborators who only have a role on that specific file or project.

and in my case i can definitely not mention collaborators on a file but only team members. so the issue still persists.

2 Likes

Got it. In this case, the issue is definitely there.

I had just the same situation until I added every person to the team.

The original issue is still valid.

@anon21722796 I’m having the same issues as described above. Viewer-restricted team members with the same @domain can’t at mention another team member, even me as an editor.

Is now 2022 and almost half a year, I am the owner of the project and clients still can’t tag me in Figma to leave their comments. And there is no way to input the email address. If we can’t tag the person to leave comment (which we can do that before) , then it become a shared pdf file. Please fix this asap. Thanks.

this is solved by going to your “members” tab
Make sure the users are part of your team
if they are not you need to resend the invitation
see print screen - the users with the “No team - level permissions” can not be added to a comment via the @ function

I work with various clients using Figma. I can’t @-mention someone who’s been invited to the project, unless I also add them to our company Team? Which means we’ll be billed for their seat?

Hi, I just resolved it in my projects. Try this. Check at share button. My people was changed on can’t view. I changed it to can edit and it works.

1 Like

If you add all these people to the new team, do you have to pay for each seat? And can they be restricted to only seeing the prototype?

Hello there, I had the same issue today, but only with one of the two people that I am sharing the file with, and both are viewers. I just clicked on the Share button, selected the person that I could not tag and changed it to “can view prototypes only”, then back to “can view” and commented mentioning him again. Now it is working for me. Hope this helps!

4 Likes

@Laura_Silvani2 Thanks. what you suggested: "changed it to “can view prototypes only”, then back to “can view” solved the problum and I was struggling with it for a while. thanks!

2 Likes

THANK YOU!! This works!

1 Like

THX I’m fixed this issue

@Laura_Silvani2 It works! Thank you so much!

1 Like

This works!!

1 Like

It worked! Thank you so much!

1 Like

thanks @Laura_Silvani2!
btw for figma team, is this issue has been fixed? not really an ideal way to make this works… I missed so many comments from last week cause of this bug

1 Like

I can’t mention anyone at all!
Not even myself :sob:

I’ve tried some of the solutions that helped others, but it didn’t solve the issue for me…
Please help!!!

2 Likes

Also, when I click on the @ button to mention someone, it add the symbol twice @@
Not sure if this is related, but might help fix this :pray:

1 Like

Yes same problem. Can’t mention anyone. Please help ASAP.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. I can’t even @ myself