Why I can't mention other people?

Also just to confirm this is for web and desktop app

same here! can’t tag or mention anyone, not even myself

Same problem for me and my team… Can’t mention anyone. Please help ASAP.

Having the same bug too. Pleas help ASAP

Same issue - can’t mention/tag anyone

1 Like

same problem… Can’t mention/tag anyone. please help ASAP.

1 Like

@Josh @Figma_Team

3 Likes

Having the same issue on both Figma and FigJam today. Can’t mention anybody when typing @ or clicking @ icon. When I click on @ icon, it actually displayed @@. (Double @)… which is really weird…

2 Likes

same here -

Same issue

[Update]
I can use the @ to mention others now. What I really did is shut down my laptop for a night, then it works again this morning. Once I type @, a full list of people’s name showed up.

1 Like

This worked for me

Hello there, I had the same issue today, but only with one of the two people that I am sharing the file with, and both are viewers. I just clicked on the Share button, selected the person that I could not tag and changed it to “can view prototypes only”, then back to “can view” and commented mentioning him again. Now it is working for me. Hope this helps!

1 Like

The same problem

Worked perfectly for me ! Thanks a loooot !

It worked!! Thank you!!

Worked for me! Thanks.

Interesting that this long-standing issue hasn’t been solved yet (March 2023).

As other mentioned, switching users to view prototypes only and then back to view should work.

You may need to:

• Do this one by one (changing settings and closing the modal, then the next one)
  • Change settings and then restarting the app

I can mention/tag two people in my file but not anyone else. I have tried everything mentioned (except changing them to ‘view prototypes only’ because I don’t even have that option).
A quick Google search reveals this seems to be affecting many people and has been for a while. Does anyone know if figma has acknowledged this issue?

@Josh Do you have any new information on this issue? It looks like it’s been around for a while, and I’m still experiencing it. Thank you.

UPDATE
I was able to get this working the following way.
I asked the person I was trying to @ mention to add a comment and tag me. As soon as he did that, I was able to mention him. I don’t know if it was just the comment alone, or also mentioning me that fixed it, but that worked for me at least.

1 Like

Any idea why I don’t have this option for view prototypes only? I can confirm my file is in a team/project and not drafts.