Why I can't mention other people?

Same for me as well :grimacing:

Yup, same for us! Would love have some clarity on this @Figma :confused:

yes, I have the same problem too

@Figma tagging now does not work for us anymore other than 2 users (out of dozens) Please let us know when this is fixed.

@Figma same issue here. Cannot mention my clients.

People that are working with me in Figma cannot tag my email in the comments.
I’ve been contacting Figma Help Desk but I got no answer.
This is a huge issue for me and the people I’m working with and I don’t really know how to solve it. I guess this is a bug.

Here’s what fixed it for me:

• Create a new team
  • Add the people you want to tag in the comments to the team
  • Add the design file to the team

My issue was that I could only tag people from another team. The design file with the buggy user tagging wasn’t added to any team or so. I never actively joined a team (but maybe I did without knowing). Also note, I was the creator of the design file in which the user tagging was buggy.

Hope this information helps for some of you.

1 Like

I cannot tag a few people in comments, their names do not appear there. Going into “Share” menu, I can see them there.

Maybe it is a minor bug but happening since start of this week.

Same here! I have been not able to tag other people in the comments for more than one week. Both on desktop and web app. Already updated to the latest version and tried to restart everything.

A temporary solution for you all in this thread - comment without tagging and share out the link of the comment. It works at least.

For me it’s the other way around: I can tag people but our client (guests) can’t tag me. Is this related to the same issue?

4 Likes

Same here. I’m surprised to see that this has been open for ~4 months, and no official word on this

1 Like

I can’t tag folks in comments who are part of the project (They only have right to view and comment)
Sometimes it can, mostly can not…
Does anyone know how to solve it?
Thanks!

Got it! Thank you!!

Hi there, i have same issue,
I already reported it to the figma team, but I was diverted here instead

I have the same issue. I wrote to them, but haven’t heard back and it’s been a month now.

I just solved why a contractor (guest editor) couldn’t tag me in any comments, we weren’t in any of the same teams. We both had access to an edit file, but until we were added to the same team he couldn’t @ me. What was weird though is I could @ him always… Not sure if this is by design and if it is, it really isn’t clear in the UI what’s going on.

1 Like

@Mike_Johansen You are a super :star:

We have being having the same issue with not being able to tag other users. We all had permission to ‘edit’ but were not apart of a ‘Team’.

By doing the following steps it has allowed us to start tagging again!

1. Create a new team
  2. Add the users you want to collaborate with
  3. Assign the project to the team.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

This is an issue I’m currently facing. :confused:
Can’t tag a team mate. He can tag me and everyone else on the team can tag him, except for me.

Any chance to prioritize the fix higher in the backlog?

1 Like

I had the same issue. It appeared that people were invited into project, but not to the team. They were able to view design but were not able to tag other people. Just try to go back to the list of files, select your company at the left side and make sure you are part of the team and other people are part of the team as well. Once you invite people to the team they will be able to tag each other.

1 Like