Remembering location of the latest folder issue

Hello,
While I’m working I realized that I spent time to locate the correct folder that I want to get an image. Every time when I want to change an image, figma locates a kind of default folder (my download folder)

How can I get figma to remember last location that I interacted?

3 Likes

This is a known bug, but I encourage you to send the report to Figma Support via the support request form or support@figma.com.

1 Like

This also happens to me when trying to import an image via the image fill “choose image” dialog. I also wrote a support ticket, but just received a default answer that I should look for help in the support forum yet.

2 Likes

This is really frustrating. Figma should be able to remember the last folder navigated to for importing images. It is so inefficient currently.

1 Like

Figma advised this (on a Mac)

Here’s how to clear the desktop app cache on a Mac:

1. Quit the Figma desktop app
  2. Open Terminal.app and enter the following command: rm -rf “$HOME/Library/Application Support/Figma”
  3. Try opening the desktop app again and attempt to add the images

and it’s worked for me, for now anyway!

1 Like

Edit: this worked for me, but the first time I did it I must have failed to quit before running the terminal command. So make sure you quit, then run the command, then re-open and give a good 5-10 seconds between each step.

Are there any updates on this bug? still happening to me, keeps defaulting to Downloads vs previous folder used

1 Like

Still having this issue in Q4 2022. Terminal fix did not work.

1 Like