Why is FIGMA's animation jerking during interaction?

When I do smart animation in FIGMA, some element is jerking during Smart animation. This problem occurs only in Smart Animation and not in any other. This is very annoying. Does anyone have a solution as to why this happens.

@Shah_Wali

Do you mean elements that are not related to the action or elements that are?

It’s possible to be related to prototype sizes and resolution setting

If you could share a video of whats happening maybe we could help a bit more

Yes screen size is the same.
This is a project video I have given but in all my projects smart animate is doing the same thing.

Here is the video link:

You’re probably low on memory. This happens often if you have too many layers. Note: Hidden layers still use memory.

Here’s an article about reducing memory usage:

Here’s a forum thread discussing it as well:

Sorry to post to a old discussion but I am having this issue and checked my memory. It is only at 7.1%. Just have two shapes on a gentle and 2000ms for my splash screen.

• Total memory used 7.1%
  • Total layers 13,792
  • Page content 5.9%
  • Imported components 1.2%

Same for me buddy.
I’m facing the same issue and my memory usage is only 3.0%.

• Total memory used 3.0%
  • Total layers 17,892
  • Page content 3.0%
  • Imported components 0.0%

Same, I tried this one Progress Animation on Safari and Chrome, same issue and had a colleague test on her end, same result — does not animate smoothly between the variants. My memory usage is fine, only 9%

1 Like

Same here as well with only 1% memory usage. Also, try viewing the prototypes at different zoom levels - fit to screen, fit width, etc. That fixes it for me sometimes but not always. Hope Figma fixes this bug soon.

1 Like

Really hope this helps the previous posts - This was a game changer for me - A lot of the unsmooth transitions in Smart Animate appear to be because of the names assigned to the different elements involved in the animation. Obvious when you know of course, but has been bugging me for so long and now all my animations are smooth as a result of changing the names of frames and elements to match their previous initial states. Could I just add that having an element move out of its group in its changed state will make a difference - make sure that the animated element remains in the same group in both frames and it should be ‘smooth’! Hope that makes sense - new to a lot of this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same problem here:

When the topics gets merged the problem gets pushed back to the original thread date.

I don’t know how you define “jerky”, but my “smart animation” would not be so smart and just move from one state to the next.

Today I found out that one of the problems (many other animations of mine still do not act smoothly) was caused by too many shadows applied. I got rid of the redundant ones and my animations went back to smooth.

I hope this helps!

Same here. Changing the animation to dissolve fixed the issue, but this is an isolated case where I cloud make the change.