New Comments not instantly shown on canvas

Im having the same issue, not seeing my comments after Ive submitted them, this has been going on now for a week or so.

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this
    A few different times I’ve entered a response to a comment and clicked the Submit button but my response doesn’t show up. If I quite Figma and reopen it then then comment appears. (I once entered my response 3x and when I reopened Figma there were three identical responses.)

2. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)
    Don’t have a screenshot but I’ll try to remember next time it happens.

3. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation
    (e.g. Does anyone else experience this? Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help solve this?, etc.

I am also having issues with comments (and my team members have noticed the same problems). When I add a new comment or a reply to a comment it does not show up on the canvas. If using Figma in the browser I can refresh and see it, but can’t refresh the App.

Making it hard to collaborate, and my team members are losing confidence in leaving Figma comments

Latest Figma on macbook pro running Monterey 12.1. I am the owner (and editor) of the project.

• cannot resolve a comment, I clicked the little check icon, the comment disappears for a second then it comes back exactly where it was before
  • cannot see my own replies. i reply anything, my reply appears for one second then it disappears. but the person I am replying to can see it

what is going on and how can I fix this?

here is a screen recording.

Also having this issue. Kept trying to add a comment and nothing was showing. Opened my design in a new tab in order to reload and and I see 7 comments. Latest Chrome. Windows 11.

I’m having trouble with comments recently. Comments are disappearing after sending the comment. It lists about a second on the comments panel but is somehow disappears — also very annoying.

Anyone else facing the same issue?

This issue is happening to me too. Is annoying because you have the sensation you didn’t post anything. And then if i tag someone, i only know the message was receive because they responded and i get the notification via e-mail.

After clicking the notification via email, you can then see the post you’ve made and sometimes are more than 2 or three because the lack of showing initially the post i’ve made.

This has been happening much more recently since the comments redesign in my experience. It’s been a here problem.

1. I’ve inconsistently seen comments appear as they’re made, both from my colleagues and when I write one myself

2. I’ve seen comments disappear for a flash only to come right back after I click the “resolve” button. I’ve also commented something to have it appear for a flash and then disappear. The thing that I’ve found to resolve this is if I quit out of Figma and then reopen. After that, I have a run where I can add comments, resolve comments, and edit/delete my comments and I see it all happen in real time. If a teammate makes another comment while I have it open, though, it’s back to needing to quit out.

3. Does anyone else experience this?

2 Likes

Please report bugs to Figma support team via the bug report form.

I have the same bugs. Did you find any solution on that? are they going to fix it soon?

Same here, comments disappearing, weird flashing is going on in all of our projects. Comments that I’ve read are “blue” again when I revisit Figma…

@anon40850002 For yourself (and everyone here who sees this) - can you confirm you’ve refreshed your tabs and still see comments missing?

Our engineering team believes that they’ve been able to fix this, but you need to refresh your tabs to see the fix take over.

1 Like

I select to add a comment and dis-appears. Sometimes I see a message ‘Comment not added’ Just recently noticed this, I’ve used the tool for 1 year+. thanks

Hey @JohnB,

Our engineering team pushed a fix for this. Have you refreshed your tabs recently?

1 Like

@dvaliao Thanks! Working so far after refreshing the tabs.

1 Like

I also have issues with the ability to not view comments, resolved comments do not get resolved etc.
It usually works out if I restart the app, but then the issue appears again. You don’t want to restart every other 10 minutes

Facing the same problem here.
Messages are inconsistently displayed. I can only rely on email notification, but since the comments feature doesn’t seem to work anymore, I am pointed to empty pages or somewhere totally irrelevant to the comment.

Restarting the desktop app or reloading browers tabs doesn’t work. Also comments appear and diseappear at what it seems to be random intervals.

Wish you good work guys and hope to hear a update on this fix :smile:

Happening to me too! Reloading the page doesn’t even help. It’s been happening since the new comments came out. Please revert to old comments until this issue is resolved. Made collaboration super tedious! :frowning: