[BUG] Comments are disappearing

Though I love the new comments UX release, it is very buggy. Most of my comments disappear right after I post them. This is very frustrating. See the linked screen recording. This may be specific to comments in a thread.

1 Like

Update: this applies to singular comments as well

Hey @Jen_Hersh,

Thanks for flagging this! You can submit a bug report to our support team directly via the form here.

Please be sure to use the email address associated with your Figma account and you can even reference this thread for the screen recording.

1 Like

Probably 50% of the time I try to compose a new comment in the new comment UI, when I press enter or press the blue save(arrow) button, the comment is deleted and becomes unrecoverable.

I’ve lost many comments recently due to this, and have basically stopped using the feature because I no longer trust Figma to protect my work. This is obviously a serious issue.

I’ve experienced the same issue. The comment does usually appear 24-48 hours later for me.

I have also seen this issue. Sometimes they do come through email to the @'d individuals.

I ran into this issue today. The comments are still accessible from the “comment sidebar”, but they have disappeared from my prototype.

Thanks for letting us know, @Carl_Sjogren!

What troubleshooting have you tried so far? Does logging out/in or refreshing help at all?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.