Image Placments always opens the same library

Hi everyone,
Every time I try to replace or place a new Image it opens an old libery from an old project (like its stuck on it) and I have to go to all the way to thru the liberies to the current new project libery every time, it happens on my Windows machine in the desktop app, (on my Mac everything is fine),
its quite frustrating, what can I do?

It’s a known issue on Windows, you should report it to Figma support team via the bug report form, don’t forget to include some screenshots or a video.

I had the same issue but SOLVED it with the help of another Redditor … :hugs:

first, quit Figma and open the preference file as text which is located in C:\Users%User%\AppData\Roaming\Figma\DesktopProfile\v12\Preferences

and look for {“last_directory”:“your_stuck_path_will_be_here”} which is at the end …

and remove that path so it looks like this {“last_directory”:""} … save it …

open Figma and now you are good to go :+1:

here is the Reddit link where we solved this issue … :relaxed:

already posted it in Image placement bug opens the same folder instead of the most recent - #12 by Camilla … and here Place Image : Has been opening the same file for over 6 months - #4 by Gleb … hope this helps …

1 Like

For people that the accepted solution didn’t work for. Including:

1. Uninstalling and Reinstalling
  2. Saving the Preferences file with the correct directory, with “local_directory”, with “” (blank)…

We opened the file, and saved it back down with broken json. E.G. Remove part of “last_directory”: “” Restarted Figma, and Figma generated a “Preferences.bad” file. Then regenerated the Preferences file with the correct last path selection. A bit unorthadox (it felt like the equivalent of banging on a tv to fix the signal), but hey, it worked. Sharing here to save someone a headache later.

Windows 10
Figma: v17