How to stop users becoming editors?

I want to make it so that I am the only person that controls who can become an editor in my organization. At the moment it is the case that I get an email telling me that certain people have been made editors and our bill will change. How do I gain more control over this?

7 Likes

Is @Figma_Support ever going to reply to this. No idea how users just keep inviting themselves as editors to a product I’m the owner of.

2 Likes

Be sure to change the Design role (Team → Members) of the person to Viewer-restricted.
The same applies for FigJam roles, too.

role-permissions

You must be either Admin or Owner (not sure) to be able to do this.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m also hoping for the same thing… unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be possible.

In all fairness, the “true-up” approach is forgiving (you can change the permission 2 weeks before the end of the cycle and not be charged), but having to manually check the seats every quarter is not ideal, and the fact I haven’t received an email saying someone was made an Editor makes me feel a bit “played” here.

4 Likes

@Figma_Support same issue here, people keep getting editors seats even though I’ve never gave them the right to do so. This is starting to be dangerous as our company grow and some people are not supposed to be able to change figmas at will

1 Like

Figma is aware of this “bug” and leaves it as it is on purpose.
Imagine how much money they have made out of these “mistakes”, just by keeping silence.

There are two types of companies, User centred and Money centred.
Which one is Figma?

1 Like

It’s shocking that there is no way to stop this on Organization, which is an expensive subscription. Random people are able to join and edit things. So shocking.

1 Like

+1 here, just lost like $45 for nothing. I feel robbed. I need the setting to turn off making people editors by default!

2 Likes

Found the way to stop this madness.

go to Teams Admin Console

Settings → Login and Provisioning → Manage Default Roles → Change the default “Editor” role to “Viewer-restricted”

Additional step
Under Billing notifications → New editor notifications → make sure to select the daily notification.

8 Likes

Thank you! Wow I don’t know if I would have ever been able to find that. Figma is being sneaky!

You’re the real MVP here, thanks a lot!