Managing new editors

1. My company is quite big (more than 1000 employees). As a head of design I would like to know who is adding new editor to figma in my company.

2. Would there be any way to add "This editors has been added by “name of the person”.
    So I would have a better control of the database of the editors in my company to manage the payment.

Capture d’écran 2021-01-28 à 11.47.34|689x28

2 Likes

Yes @Laurent_Pinjon, it’s un bon point

This could be seen as a detail, but it is a very important detail to ensure better rights management. It’s really embarrassing to realize at the end of the month that a new editor has been added only when Figma reports having taken money for the subscription.

It would even be great to be able to configure email alerts to the owner each time a change of right is made including the name or email of the instigator for more clarity.

3 Likes

Hello @Laurent_Pinjon!

Did you find any answer about this subject?
My team is going for the professional plan but, my team is also big…
I am afraid of losing control of editors. I also wanted to ask if there is anyway to remove permissions for collaborators from inviting more editors on their own!

Please! If anyone has an answer feel free to contact me!

Hi Abdelaziz,

Actually Figma is really great to manage your team if you are an admin.

As an admin you can, in one click, manage all users rights from :

• viewer (can view the file or folder you authorized),
  • editor (can edit the file or folder you authorized),
  • admin (can edit & manage members).

You will also have a log of all actions done by all users. So you can revert & look for any event really easily. So anybody delete a file you can find & revert easily.

My point was more that figma didn’t add yet the name of the user that added another users. Which would actually be nice to have but is not a blocker.

But honestly if you wonder if Figma manage user rights, the answer is YES !! It’s well done and easy to use !! Go for it !

2 Likes

Thank you!! :blush: