Is Figma Mirror Ipad suppose to double tap by default?

When I use Figma mirror with my iPad (iPad Pro 11-inch). If I just do a single tap on the screen, it will actually tap both on the screen I was on, and the new screen that popped up.

So if I have an overlay that closed when clicking outside, it will open and automatically close. Or if I have a checkbox, it will check the box and then deselect in one tap.

Anyone having this issue? or know how to fix it?

4 Likes

Definitely sounds like a bug that should be reported to Figma support team via the bug report form.

1 Like

I have same problem. Very annoying. (ipad air 4th 11")

1 Like

Same issue. On iPad every tap become a double tap making prototype impossible.

1 Like

Did anyone ever find a workaround to this? Experiencing the same problem

1 Like

The problem still exists :frowning:

1 Like

I am also experiencing this. This is very frustrating, as I do 95% of my work on my iPad Pro.

1 Like

Same problem here. Please fix it

1 Like

Same here.
I’m also having trouble with variants, I can’t make a checkbox work on iPad pro.

2 Likes

Please fix this. This is horrible.

1 Like

This is not a solution.

This is a solution because this is a bug and the forum is not for bug reports as the Figma team doesn’t actively monitor it. It’s the community support forum and the community can’t fix Figma bugs. Since you also are experiencing this issue, you should reach out to support as well.

I’ve found a workaround it to uninstall the figma app from your iPad, and run figma in Google’s Chrome browser (not Safari).

2 Likes

Looks like the new Figma app resolved this for me.

Works for me aswell, good tip, saved my presentation! Thanks!

1 Like

Bug still here, thanks Quinton for the Google chrome browser tip.
Quite annoying indeed for user testing.

1 Like

It’s still a bug.
I reported the bug before I found this thread.

Still exists - still annoys. This is not just a small issue, but one that actually makes the prototype app on iPad simply not usable for many purposes… Guess I have to consider Sketch and XD again