Improve SVG support

When importing SVGs I often experience errors with figma. SVGs sometimes do not look the same as when opened in the browser.
For example: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/Coat_of_arms_of_Bavaria.svg

This SVG looks like this when imported into my Figma file:

Same goes when nesting layers in Affinity Designer:

This

Turns into this when imported into Figma:

(not to mention it gets imported at 1x1 px size)

4 Likes

hello there! any luck of gettin imported svg look good? affinity 1.10 is out now but still gettin this issue with tiny sized imported svgs( whats wrong with that?

1 Like

The scale is 1px because the SVG doesn’t have a specified viewbox or width & height attributes. viewBox - SVG: Scalable Vector Graphics | MDN

Other errors shown in the thread usually happen when importing SVGs with clipping masks which are not supported in Figma’s import for some reason.

Yes, importing SVG files are not coming as expected. If i convert a psd file in svg with “photopea.com”, images never appear in the Figma. And also text are not coming with their respective position.

I really need this feature please.

2 Likes

Yeah, pretty broken experience. Importing an svg to Figma unpredictable. Maybe Adobe will now fix it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there any way to use vector in Figma? PDF is not supported at all, svg doesn’t work reliably, how do you work with UI illustrations in Figma?

3 Likes