Hyperlink to Another FigJam doesn't open on click

1. Describe the bug/issue you’re running into?
I created a second FigJam board to connect to the main board (think of it like a “click in” to get more details). I added the link with the “Copy Link” code but when you click it, it just shows the URL instead of opening it.

2. Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so what are the steps?
Yes, I create a new file and save it in the same workspace as the main board. I click “Share” and use the copy link. I open the main board and edit the hyperlink. Same results, it shows the link but does not open it.

3. Share a screenshot, recording, console log, link to the file, etc.
Figam01 Figam02

4. Is the issue only happening in desktop app or a specific browser , or both?
I have only tested this on the browser version, I have not attempted to use a local version yet. I am using Google Chrome.

5. What OS/version and/or browser/version are you using?
I am using MacOSX Catalina (10.15) and Google Chrome Official build 90.0.4430.85

@Dave_Shields Thank you for sharing your feedback! This is behaving as expected. We give the user the option to edit the link or click through from there. This helps prevent people from accidentally clicking on a link and being taken out of a file.

1 Like

Can a ctrl/cmd+click on link open the link directly? See this on a lot of tools - seems like a idea worth considering.

Thanks @Heath_Rogers but I don’t see how to make the click-through item to work. Can you elaborate?

Thanks @Rishav_Sethia. I tried this with a few different commands (I am on a Mac). I did not see any change. Cmd+click or ctrl+click just makes the icon highlight.

I meant that ctrl/cmd + click should be a feature - it doesn’t work right now. Sorry I wasn’t clear.

Currently the only way to access the link is to tap on the text with the link then click on the link on the overlay.

Oh! I see what you mean @Rishav_Sethia. Yes, I guess we could ask if we can put this in to some kind of feature request. Can someone on the FigJam team advise?

1 Like