Feature Request - Enable editing designs while viewing comments

It would be helpful if there was a way to view comments and edit the design at the same time. Since resolving a comment would mostly require editing a design, it is cumbersome to switch between different modes constantly.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

1. Currently, the comments are visible only in Play Mode

2. Please make it in Edit View accessible.

3.Thank you!

1 Like

I wouldn’t want them to always be visible in edit mode BUT I would like comment visibility to be toggle-able while editing.

In an example project, I was getting text edit recommendations in comments. Going back and forth between editing the text and reading/copying the comment is a lot more tedious than it needs to be.

Most of the time however, I’d like the comments not to show. They show by default in another product called Moqups and it makes presenting designs look a lot less clean.

3 Likes

So my design has got a lot of comments. It seems so hard to walk through the comment and fix the design at the same time. Now I have to press C to see the comment and press V to edit the design (am I right?).
I just got an idea, how about you treat comments like a part of frames. And we can show/hide it. The comment appears when you hover on the mark. here a demo
Demo

3 Likes

I like this idea. I got that problem too, It’s hard to read the feedback and fixing the design at the same time, Let make it like comments in google docs or sheet

3 Likes

Problem:
Figma Comments can contain complex feedback for copy edits and design changes. The moment you switch tools to make an edit in response to a comment, comments are hidden, both the notifications / comments sidebar and the modal/popover.

This is an awful experience.

Comments should:

• Have the option of being hidden or persistently displayed for a given page, regardless of tool selected
  • Not be thought of on the same level as a tool that selects, modifies creates elements; Comments are a critique, not an auto layout, component, frame, oval, rectangle, text block or line
  • Not distract the designer, but act as an aid to the designer—currently they force a context switching that slows slows down design workflow…

Recommendations

• Move the comment bubble icon that is currently next to the hand tool to the top right of the tool bar to separate it from the design tools, similar to how new comments are handled as notifications when logging in to Figma… No need for modal comment boxes, just keep the comments as a toggled sidebar; the designer can toggle them off or on as needed, when off, the comment bubbles on the canvas are hidden. If they are shown, they remain shown no matter what a designer is doing.

Community, am I doing it wrong? Am I crazy?

6 Likes

Can you please make the comment panel persistent so I can always see it at all times. At the moment you can either work or see comments. I want to be able to do both at the same time.

2 Likes

Without this ability, making comments is just so frustrating to use. I can’t believe this isn’t a higher-voted request.

3 Likes

Yes totally agree, Please learn that from Google Doc/Sheet, they allow viewing comment and editing the same time.

2 Likes

There needs to be a way to look at comments while you’re designing. I end up having to take screenshots of comments and paste them next to what I’m working on.

1 Like

Ha! :spiral_notepad: :sweat_smile:I do exactly the same, oftentimes there are lists of fixes / specifications in the comments that are impossible to keep in the working memory while designing.

Bumping this feature request, it is currently really difficult managing and editing content changes on files with 50+ comments.

Having an option to pin the full list of comments, and not just the single active comment would help with this immensely.