Bring truly anonymous sticky notes to FigJam 🥸

I have been facilitating different workshops and sometimes it is required that all sticky notes are anonymous so people can make sure they can speak freely.

While the option of toggling on/off the sticky note’s author is good. That’s not enough because anyone can still enable that by clicking on that action.

My suggestion is to have an option to enable anonymous sticky notes in a particular FigJam file.

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I was using Figjam with my team and somebody had turned off their signature to stay anonymous. We all thought that would keep things anonymous. But to our surprise, anyone could click the signature toggle and turn it back on, revealing who wrote the sticky note.

Is this the intended way signature hiding works? It doesn’t seem very anonymous if so. But perhaps the intent was temporary anonymity during work sessions to avoid a person bias?

I didn’t know this, I thought that if you turned it off, others wouldn’t be able to see it. Kind of defeats the purpose of the signature toggle.

1 Like

Right? That’s why my team was surprised when it happened. All of us were under the assumption it was off unless the creator of that sticky turned it on.

1 Like

I love Retrium because of the privacy option - it’s THE MOST INCLUSIVE way to get teams to be earnest and honest and welcome everyone’s voice. The UX also is very good at showing when other people post things which can create a social pressure to contribute. I’d love to find a way to get that functionality in FigJam.

Each of the last 2 startups I have advised has had Figma and Figjam, but I’ve brought Retrium to the table because this privacy feature is so important.

One thing you can do as the leader of a FigJam workshop is to create stacks of stickies and ask that people drag them over to the board instead of creating new stickies. This way they all will default to the leader. I grouped them all and then hid my name.

1 Like