The screen is constantly shifting to the right

Hello everybody. I got a problem in figma. The screen is constantly shifting to the right, by itself. As if I pressed the right arrow on the keyboard. Restarting figma and restarting the computer did not help. I didn’t press any buttons or combinations, I just switched from google chrome to figma, and it started by itself

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I am experiencing the same strange phenomenon that someone else did in this forum. The screen is constantly shifting to the right even I am not clicking on anything. All that happens is the mouse pointer is within the design window. When I move it out, it stops. If I turn off the keyboard it still does it. If I reboot the computer, it still does it. What is going on?

For some reason I can’t include links in my topic description. The other topic identical to this one is + the-screen-is-constantly-shifting-to-the-right/9224. You’ll have to cut and paste intelligently to refer to the other topic I am talking about. Weird I can’t reference it here.

1 Like

My screen is automatically moving to the right on it’s own. I have restarted Figma and my laptop but it is still doing the same thing. I’m also sure I did not press any buttons to trigger this. Help please

1 Like

Just note that I was having a similar problem that ultimately was the fault of the USB connection for my keyboard/mouse of all things.

Just to verify that it is not something like that, I would try the same access/activity from a different computer.

If that works, then try the same access/activity after disconnecting your keyboard/mouse and/or replacing it temporarily with something else borrowed.

3 Likes

You can press Esc to cancel your selection.

2 Likes

Thank Douglas! Worked for me… Just replugged my USBs.

1 Like

Thank you! Had the same issue and unplugging and replugging my mouse USB C worked.

1 Like

I tried disconnecting my mouse and “forgetting the device”, but it didn’t resolve the issue. :confused: Any other ideas on how to make the shifting stop?

1 Like

I am sorry but this is so annoying I am still experiencing this problem. It is very hard to see and does not align with accessibility.