Text truncation displayed incorrectly in prototype

I’m using text truncation in 1 Text, that is in an ‘auto layout’ with another text. It shows fine in Design mode. However when I check the same thing in the prototype, the screen renders the same part differently.

Can I be doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

2 Likes

Looks like a bug to me, happy to follow up and investigate what’s going on.

Haven’t been able to recreate this and see the same problem myself though, so if you can message me an example file that’d be a huge help :pray:

1 Like

Here’s a test file you can use: https://www.figma.com/file/pmizBMIOw8OOh3PxVPIejM/text-truncation-bug---demo

And while sharing this and testing the link incognito, I notice that the prototype in browser works fine. It’s only the in-app prototype (MacOS) that shows the behaviour shown above. Let me know if I can be of any further help.

If you restart the app does it still happen? I’m not able to reproduce on chrome or the app, but if it still happens after fully restarting i will look further (sometimes old tabs get out of sync with a new launch)

I did restart more than once before reporting this bug. And I’m not sure what changed, but now the problem seems to be solved. Maybe Figma needed a nice weekend as well :slight_smile:

Anyway, keep it up with the improvements. Love the new AutoLayout!

I and my team have the same bug. All new updates are amazing! But it’s too many bugs… we should be patient before everything is fixed :face_with_peeking_eye:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.