Reverse z-index in autolayout mode in order to make drop shadows work

We all know all the upsides with auto layout when working with a complex design system. A change in height to a master component rendering position changes for all instances used throughout different design documents. In short, auto layouted screens is a must!

However today it’s impossible to work with drop shadows in your design since auto layout prevents you from deciding the z-index of each component/object. In my, ugly but hopefully understandable, example you can see that as soon as I convert my design into auto layout the first item in the frame get’s the lowest z-index. If anything it should be the other way around so objects can cast shadows on things below them. Just a simple reverse order would satisfy my own needs while I assume some would insist on making it possible to change the z-order manually.

Either way this is more a deal breaker working with Figma. It’s far to cumbersome to have separate documentation for developers regarding shadows and skipping auto layouts will instead break your design as soon as master components have a change in height (or you simply edit the contents rendering a different height).

Please please make this a priority fix.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Layer order in Auto-Layout

2 голоса было перемещено.