Movie trailer carousel

I had an interactive trailer carousel with 8 movie trailers. It was a component set, to which I tried adding two control buttons (a play/pause and a mute/unmute), but none of them seemed to work when inside of a component (basically, the instance couldn’t be prototyped and prototyping the component itself resulted in the instance controlling the original component). I’ve spent most of the day trying to remake the component from scratch, but nothing is working. Heeeelp, pls…

Hey there, thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear you’re having trouble!

It’s hard to be sure what’s going wrong without seeing your file. Are you able to share a link to the file so that we hear in the community can take a closer look?

Hi there,

It sounds like you’ve put a lot of effort into your movie trailer carousel, and it’s frustrating when things don’t go as planned. Adding control buttons like play/pause and mute/unmute can indeed be tricky when dealing with nested components. One approach you could try is to ensure that the buttons are not part of the component itself but rather overlay them on top of the carousel using absolute positioning. This way, you can maintain the functionality without the prototyping issues you’ve encountered. Also, if you’re open to exploring new tools that might simplify this process, consider checking out the Castle app. It offers an intuitive way to manage and prototype interactive components, which might solve the issues you’re facing. Don’t give up—sometimes the right tool can make all the difference!

Bundle of Thanks!