“Link to selected frame” should be restored to the share dialog

I’m having the same problem, it’s a new design for the share dialog…with the link to selected frame option removed. Please add it back ASAP.

Actually it seems to link to the frame if I have it selected, there’s just nothing in the UI that tells me that’s what will happen. So it works, but seems like it won’t. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

The beloved feature where a user can copy a link to a specific frame is gone. :frowning:

I’m only able to “Link to selection” whatever that means.

Why Figma?

Hello, it seems related to this discussion although I didn’t see any mention directly related to this issue, but does anyone have an idea why among my team we do not have the same sharing pop-up? One pop-up (luckily it is the one I have) has the “Link to selection” checkbox, whereas the second one (most of my teammates have this one) has a different layout and does not have any option such as “Link to selection”. See screenshot

1 Like

I saw both versions for a while, with no apparent reason why there were both. Now I’m only seeing Layout 2.

I can confirm why people are seeing different UI with regarding ‘‘Link to selection’’

There are two (2) UI variables based on project setup.

1. Draft Project = ‘‘Link to selection’’ displays.

2. Teams Project = No ‘"Link to section’’ displayed.

2 Likes

same here. :melting_face: can’t share any specific frame anymore through the share function.

After a quick investigation within my company, I start to think it is related to being a team owner or not. Team owners have the functionality while admins and other roles don’t.

I have the same issue. I cannot confirm the last finding, that it depends on whether you’re a team owner or not. I moved a file from a team where I’m an editor to a team where I’m the owner, and the interface is currently without the link to selected frame. Instead, I only see the options for publish to community or get embed code.

I’d really love this feature back, as it helps people navigate in complex projects with lots of frames.

Hello @MoniqueD, you can still use the feature with the following workaround:

1. Right-click on your frame or section.
  2. Go to “Copy/Paste as”.
  3. Select “Copy link”.

1 Like

@MoniqueD I don’t see that option in my Edit menu:

If you right click on the frame you want to link directly to you should be able to chose copy link

Really Figma?
Why would you remove a feature that is used and loved by everybody? This is about paywalls and team accounts for sure. This is a terrible move. Please bring back a NONE confusing option that we know will send developers, product designers, design team to the EXACT frame I’m looking at.

Hey @Court_Kizer, sorry for the frustration!

To clarify from the workarounds already listed above, this feature was never removed; however, “Link to selected frame” was removed from the share dialog in August 2022.

I’ve updated this topic into a feature request as Tank also suggested a couple of years ago. We’ll pass this feedback onto the team for future consideration.

Same here. Can’t see any option to copy link.

Same for me. The “link to selection” is missing in the share form, and if I copy link from dialog (Command +L) this select the whole page instead the selected frame, even I’m owner of the project.

:(((