How do I turn on/off frame names on the canvas?

Help! I have been using Figma for a long time and have never run into this issue. The names of all my frames, components, groups, etc are no longer visible on the canvas. I’ve concluded that it must be some sort of account preference because this has happened on all my files.

I don’t remember hitting anything weird or pressing accidental buttons, but something happened and I have scoured the internet and cannot find the solution.

The attached image is a screenshot of two frames on my canvas. Normally, it would show the name of the frames right above, but they’re missing (and these frames are not nested within another frame).

I have tried changing almost every preference, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

That’s frustrating. I haven’t come across this problem myself (I know that I can wrap a frame in a group if I want to hide the name, but haven’t found a way to turn it off/on globally)

Does this problem persist on both the Figma app and in the browser?
And does this happen across other browsers as well?

1 Like

I actually checked on Chrome (I normally use the desktop app) and it was back to normal. So I just restarted the desktop app and it was fixed. Not sure what caused it in the first place but must have been a glitch!

2 Likes

Happened to me too. There are little squiggly lines where the frame name should be. Fixed upon restart. thanks!

1 Like

Currently facing this issue myself. Tried restarting but nothing worked. Even the browser app has the same problem

Anyone else facing this?

4 Likes

Been using Figma for a few months now and just experienced this disappearing frame label on the canvas issue. It’s just not there anymore. I think this is a bug as I have not messed with any settings and there are no settings to toggle the canvas frame label on or off… errr, please please fix this it’s super annoying - or let me know what I’ve done wrong : ) thanks guys…

2 Likes

Just happening to me too right now, both desktop and Chrome, restart doesn’t help…
It is really annoying

2 Likes

I am having an issue with Frame and Section labels lagging as well. Quitting and restarting the desktop app does not help.

1 Like

same here !

Restarts etc… nothing helped.

2 Likes

Same issue, seems to be a bug in the latest update more than anything.

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue! Since today, all frame names are not shown anymore. please fix!

1 Like

Same issue, names are floating freely instead of being locked above the frames.

Same is happening with my account since morning

Also happening to me, floating labels in all my files. It’s driving me nuts. They seemed to be positioned absolute depending on your zoom level (even in-browser) and not relative to the frame (/section/component/slice/…).

I’ve filed a bug report, really hope they find and fix this issue really soon.

Edit: it’s fixed already! Thanks Figma <3

1 Like

same problem. some bugs with frames (not only names) plz fix it

I have the same error.

But it has already been resolved.