Enhanced Marker Tool for Quick, Precise Sketching

When using with the marker tool, it would be immensely valuable if keyboard shortcuts were supported to quickly draw with greater precision. This is especially needed when using mouse and keyboard, which is the primary supported interaction method in FigJam today.

Some useful shortcuts would include:

• Holding shift creates a straight line, snapping to 90º or 45º angles.
  • Holding shift when starting a line, but release (before release the mouse click) draws a straight line in any direction.
  • Holding a modifier key (such as alt/⌥) and drawing an approximations of a circle, rectangle, or triangle, turns them into clean versions when the mouse click is released.

When trying to use FigJam as a place to sketch ideas at low fidelity, these features would vastly increase the overall value of the tool.

2 Likes

I think this is absolutely essential for any whiteboard tool. I am a UX designer and this is one of the reasons I love Invision’s Freehand for super fast low fi designs (but Freehand has a number of usability issues and features missing). Please add this to Figjam!

1 Like

This was a feature I loved from InVisions whiteboard tool. It makes rough design sketching much more approachable for developers and stakeholders who don’t spend as much time using drawing and design applications and makes running collaborative design workshops much simpler.

1 Like