Ability to turn off the "Line Auto-snapping"

I used Freehand (invision) as my whit-boarding tool, now switching to FigJam; it’s almost impossible to draw quick sketches/ low-fid wireframes. The ability to use the line tool without snapping to other objects would be a great help. It’s ok to have limited colours, but it is challenging to achieve depth in sketches and communicate the idea without colour opacity.
In our white-boarding session, we don’t need a full-on mind mapping tool 100% of the time (to connect everything).

I also attached a sample of how I use Freehand.

2 Likes

Surprised to see this feature requested so long ago, but yes I would love the ability to disable line snapping.

1 Like

I’m adding my vote! My specific need in this case is non-snapping arrows (and lines). I often find that an arrow really wants to snap to something while I’m just trying to make a small adjustment.

I end up drawing the desired arrow somewhere on the side, and moving it to the correct place. This feels awkward!

My use cases are:

• Trying to point to a specific part of a larger whole, like an image
  • Sequence diagrams: trying to point at a specific part of a shape
  • Trying to accurately point “in the general direction” of something, esp for sloppier idea-diagrams

My ideal experience would be to use a keyboard modifier while dragging an arrow endpoint, to indicate that I want to adjust the position manually without snapping to anything.

This is an inexcusable omission from the Figma team and is a baseline feature on every other collaborative whiteboard on the market. This–by default–renders FigJam as an incomplete & inferior product in the marketspace.