Billing not adjusted

Hi,
Since I don’t find any means to communicate. I’ll do so this way.
In Gmail, I get notified on a new billing period. On 6 April, I get notified on a new billing period for 3 users. Actually, only 1 user needs the project. So I removed 2 users I shared the project with after searching around across the entire account to downgrade my subscription without success. Now, I’m doing my monthly admin and notice that Figma charged for 3 users instead of 1. There are 3 things:

1. make sure that for the next billing period, I’m only charged for 1 user
  2. how will Figma compensate
  3. can you give a clear direction on how to adjust this so when my project is terminated, I can cancel the billing?
    Thank you

Hi Isabelle, thank you for your feedback! I understand your frustration and sorry for any confusion!

I’ve seen that you’ve reached out to our support team as well. Your ticket number is #986146. I am going to share the answer from the support team to give other users visibility on the suggestions we recommended for your issue.

On the Professional plan, each team is billed based on the number of users with a “Full” role, whether in Figma Design or FigJam.

New full seats are often added when editors on your team invite new users to edit a team file. Additional editors invited to a file will be counted toward the monthly invoice and charged at $15/month after they start interacting with a Figma Design file as an editor or $5/month if they edit a FigJam file.

To remove any extra paid seats,

1. Select the admin console next to your team name on the left side of the file browser
  2. Navigate to the Members tab of your team page
  3. Set the Design role and FigJam role filters to Full to display all billed users
  4. Downgrade any “Full” seat to “Viewer - Restricted” to remove that user from billing

Here’s a guide from our Help Center with more information on this: Manage team permissions

To prevent this from happening again, you can change the team’s default role in admin settings from “Viewer” to “Viewer - Restricted.” This will apply a restricted role to any new team collaborators so that only admins can upgrade them to a paid role: Set default seat types

We also recommend setting up email notifications to keep track of who has upgraded and what action led to their upgrade using the guide linked here: Get notified when people upgrade to a paid seat

Also, please let me know if this clears your questions, or if you have any further questions. Happy to help out!

Thanks,
Gayani