Better Support for SF Pro Font

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this
    It appears that the base system SF Pro font is not showing up in the Figma font picker.

2. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)
    There’s a thread of this in Slack but basically, Sketch and XD can see this font, but Figma cannot.

3. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation
    (e.g. Does anyone else experience this? Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help solve this?, etc.
    This has been reported by a few people and I have been able to reproduce with a clean install of Big Sur + Figma + the latest SF Pro font package.

4 Likes

Running into the same problem myself.

1 Like

This sounds like a bug so it would be nice to report it to Figma support team via the bug report form.

1 Like

Support response in case anyone else stumbles upon this. Thread could be merged/referenced with variable font thread

This is currently intended behavior/feature limitation; the font specifically named “SF Pro” is the variable weight font of the SF Pro family, and Figma does not support variable weight fonts at this time. That being said, the following fonts “SF Pro Display/Text/Round” are the static weights and are supported in Figma.

In any case, variable fonts is a feature we intend to build out support for, though I don’t have an ETA for its release. I’m happy to add your +1 to the ongoing project for some extra visibility.

2 Likes