Auto Layout Alignment disabled

Hi all!
I am learning Auto Layout from Youtube tutorials, but it looks like some of the tools they are using are disabled on my Figma screen for some reason.

I keep seeing everyone aligning their Auto Layout using the alignment options on the top righthand corner, but mine are disabled and I cannot figure out why.

In the screenshot attached, I have a Frame selected (2 buttons), and I am trying to Right-align them to the card, but the alignment options are disabled.

Any help would be much appreciated!!
Thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 3.20.25 PM

two button add farme,try

The two buttons are already a frame!

I did try doing “Frame Selection” again, but it didn’t do anything. :slightly_frowning_face:

Hi!

If you set the frame containing the two buttons to “fill” rather than “fixed” the buttons will right align, due to this auto-layout setting, which aligns the buttons to the right side of their frame. (Aligning to bottom-right here has the same result as aligning to top-right since both buttons are the same height.)

The alignment options at the top are disabled because they work only when you are setting an absolute position (as you do in a non-auto-layout frame). In an auto-layout frame, the auto-layout rules are setting the positions of everything.