Make “Collapse Layers” easier to use and discover

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this
    the ability to quickly collapse all layers

2. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)
    the ability to quickly collapse all layers QUICKLY…

lots of nested layers… some times you need to collapse fast to to see overall hierarchy… Especially when getting feedback or have quick deadline

11 Likes

why make me think?

then another suggestion… keyboard shortcuts are to hidden… they are good for the narrow experienced… but more options to do the same thing tend to better for all levels…

1 Like

when I look across the top menu… I see no indicators to learn that I can use a keyboard short cut for this… or I am missing them because of fast work deadlines…

You can find this option in the menu and quick actions :

(But I think View menu would fit this option better than Object.)

4 Likes

I see it now… yes object to me does not relate to layers… it related to objects… I would suggest considering moving this to view… or adding a expand and collapse toggle icon option some where on the side layers panel…

1 Like

I had the same problem until seeing this thread. I expected this command to be under the View menu, as it is with Sketch. It’s also not mentioned in the Help center article on layers nor listed in the Help menu for Keyboard shortcuts and it would not return a result when searching the Help center. It definitely needs to be easier to use and discover.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.