Linking gradient colors to Styles colors

If a user updates a color in their file styles, it will not update gradients, as they currently can only use a Hex code.

Bringing this back up
https://forum.figma.com/t/gradient-color-picker-should-include-a-list-view-for-colors/11184

1 Like

It genuinely surprises me that this isn’t a thing and hasn’t been requested more widely. Figma doesn’t appear to support gradient masks either so can’t work around it with frame overlays. I work with a multi-branded design system with 12+ ‘themes’ and while we use gradients sparingly, it’s a hugely limiting gap in figma’s implementation of color styles.

2 Likes

Yes please! I designed a starterkit for our agency, as a barebones design system for websites, with the Batch Styler plugin I can easily change the base color styles, but gradients always need manual work. It’s a simple task, but easily forgotten or not up to date with the correct colors.

1 Like

Agree! It’s a pain to update the hex values when the system values change.

1 Like

Oh indeed, please please. Imagine a Library containing 864 gradients that needs to be updated times each position dependant colours manually… :pensive: Thanks for your consideration.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Problem: The gradient color picker only offers very small color blocks in order to allow designers to choose colors in gradients.

Proposed: Allow designers to switch to a list view which will allow for easier navigation of colors for gradients.

Why: I’m a designer but have poor vision. It’s extremely difficult for me to pick the appropriate colors with these small color blocks. Even more so when our team utilizes a highly curated color system for our products that live organization-wide. A color “list view” like is used in the fill area, needs to be brought to the gradient tool.

1 Like