Import EPS into Figma

There is lot of market out there which provides illustrations or assets in the form of EPS. (for example, freepik assets).

Prototyping tools like sketch already supporting the EPS file and it’s easy to use them inside it. But Figma lacks the support of it and I think we should have that in the near future.

Do you guys know any workaround to import the eps into figma ? I am preferring a free approach because illustrator and sketch are paid tools.

38 Likes

The only vector format Figma accepts is SVG, so the easiest (only) way is to convert EPS to SVG (there are tons of apps and online converters) and import it into Figma.

6 Likes

Agreed, it would be very nice to have EPS support.

8 Likes

Agreed too!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any online free tool that can convert EPS to other formats properly. After converting, the file became blurry, if Figma can provide this feature that will be great!

8 Likes
  1. If you want to convert a few files a lot of online free sites there.
  2. If you want to convert locally on your laptop Inscape & Photopea are the best free options, these are quick also specially Photopea.

Still, if Figma provides it directly, it would be great time saver.

2 Likes

As you may know, you cannot directly import EPS or AI files into Figma , but you can use another cps tester software as a bridge for this purpose and Inkscape is the perfect one Currently, Figma cannot import/process Adobe Illustrator (ai) files . Designs have to be converted by following either of the four paths: Open an Illustrator file Copy or drag everything to Figma.

1 Like

Agreed, it would be very nice to have EPS support.

2 Likes

We’ve worked on a EPS to Figma converter and you can now access it here: Convert & Import EPS files in Figma

It’s paid but we made sure the results are super accurate and all text elements and path elements are preserved. Good luck y’all.

3 Likes

I’d like this very much. Please and thank you.

EPS to SVG converter that works 100%. I’ve tried bunch of online converters but found only this one that actually convert’s without distorting the shapes: Convert EPS to SVG Online

12 Likes

This would be really awesome to have!!

Why is magiculco advertised as a free converter when it is very expensive? Or am I missing the free use button?

Convert & Import EPS files in Figma magicul.io

Photopea online editor seems to work for me, and it is free :slight_smile:

1 Like

aw its paid

PT-br
@Kevin3 eu até tentei criar a minha conta, mas infelizmente o sistema não está funcional.

“Illustrator + SVG Import” by Rogie King offers experimental support for converting EPS files. I can’t vouch for the results, but it’s a free plugin.

2 Likes

Worked like a charm. Thank you Vladan; you’re a legend for sharing this, much appreciated.

Well, this link doesn’t work anymore! Someone has taken the plugin down! :frowning:

Hey y’all, I took this plugin down because the API costs were too expensive to offer for free. Additionally, the base SVG/Copy-paste from illustrator to Figma bugs have been fixed by the team, which was the main reason this plugin existed.

2 Likes

U’re my hero today! Thanks a million!