EPS to SVG not retaining blend modes when imported and exported

I imported a stock illustration that I converted from an eps to svg, and noticed that the blend properties on a bunch of layers weren’t brought in. I modified each layer’s blend mode since the Multiply blend property didn’t carry over. When I went to export the svg the shapes reverted back to not having the multiply blend effect. Is this a bug? Or just something that happened due to the eps to svg conversion?

Open the SVG in the browser. That will answer your question regarding where in this chain it broke: during EPS to SVG or SVG to Figma.

1 Like

Can we also fix this? I have manually converted it.

Frankly I’m surprised to see EPS with blend modes. I had a tons of issues just like that when trying to hand off Adobe Illustrator files decade ago (sic). The only fix is to manually reapply transparency and blend modes to those layers.

EPS format is 40 years old. It has been developed for passing vector data for printing and idea of having transparency was not even on the table. Anything that looks transparent there is a hack, so I would keep my hopes very low when working with it. My advice is to avoid buying art in EPS, look if they have more modern format to offer.