Elements from library disappearing on files

3 Likes

I had the bug. I finally just rename the component that didnā€™t worked and that work. I hope it could work also for you

We are having this issue and is KILLING US!!! All of a sudden shared library started sending random updates, and today appeared several components empty with nothing inside. If I paste from the shared component into another file, I see them. Iā€™ve tried all the above solutions, and nothing seems to work
I really Need help Here!

2 Likes

Now creating any update to the components makes them disappearā€¦ just an empty component. In library and component file they are all ok

Support contacted me and got into my file, they said there was a problematic component, they suggest to select al the variants and perform a change on the description field, and republish everything, in my case was the button component.
Hope it helps!

Weā€™re also having huge issues with this. Pretty much stopped our workflow in some parts. Support has pretty much said ā€œweā€™re working on it and will let you know when we have a fixā€.

Iā€™ve tried everything mentioned above, renaming components, repairing styles, republishing our DS, deactivating Interactive Components. Nothing has worked sadly.

Earlier this week on 2/22, we realized that one of our components was experiencing an issue in existing files. We have a table cell component with a variant that contains a nested checkbox component. However, after pulling in all the latest library updates, our designers realized that the checkboxes were disappearing from their existing table designs. Clicking into the component row items - table, the component looked completely empty (no checkbox component inside). However, right-clicking and selecting ā€œGo to main componentā€ from the menu went to the table cell component in the source library, which contains the checkbox component as expected.

ļæ¼
Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 2.59.59 PM

In troubleshooting, I tried two things. First, because the table cell component in the source library looked like it was behaving as expected, I simply pushed any pending updates in the library ā€” thinking that perhaps an incomplete update had been pushed previously.

While this did not resolve the issue in my own affected file (checkboxes were still missing from both the ā€œtable headerā€ and ā€œtable rowā€ components) ā€” one of my designers said that the update restored the ā€œtable rowā€ componentā€™s checkbox, but not the ā€œtable headerā€ componentā€™s checkbox.

My second hotfix attempt was to roll the source library back to a version before the affected table component broke. I isolated the issue to a library update that was pushed on Wed 2/16, by assessing the versions of an affected project file. In my project file, the checkboxes were there on 2/16 7:47pm EST, but had disappeared 2/16 8:19pm EST. Therefore, I hypothesized that the what broke the component was related to a publish that according to the version history, was pushed ~8:21pm EST. By rolling the library back to the version before this publishing, I hoped to fix the checkbox situation.

For most designers, pulling in these two hotfixes seemed to restore their checkboxes in their designs, maintaining all previous prototype links associated to the nested checkbox component.

However, my project file did not restore the checkboxes, even though I pulled in all the latest updates. Net new Figma files pull in the component as expected, however the previously affected ā€œbug fileā€ remained affected. To restore my project, I ended up duplicating a copy of my file, and then restored it to a version at 7:47pm Feb 16, when the component was working. Then I pulled in the latest updates from there and the component continues to work fine. I used the duplicated file to fill in any missing work.

Furthermore, it appears that some designers are still experiencing issues with files where the checkbox had previously disappeared, even after pulling in the latest updates. Sometimes, the checkbox will be missing in an added table cell component, but when you copy/paste the broken component into a net new file, it will appear. Sometimes, copying the broken component to a new file keeps it broken. One designer claims that when he drags an atomic checkbox component to a new file first, then drag the table cell component, the checkbox in the table component will disappear. The behavior feels erratic and we have not been able to identify a fix that works for everyone.

I still am unsure what could have caused the nested component to break like this in the first place. Looking at the source library, both the checkbox component and the nested table cell component have always behaved as expected within the library itself. It is unclear why it appears in a broken state in files that are utilizing the library, especially since it appears as an empty component with nothing in it.

I am unable to upload videos, but I do have a video which shows how the component continues to be broken in a previously affected file (which has all the latest library updates) ā€“ but is not broken in a new file. Would love some assistance in troubleshooting this issue so that we donā€™t accidentally stumble into it again in the future.

@Janice_Tsai i had the same issue, solved it spotting the troublesome component. Probably, correct me if Iā€™m wrong, you are using variants and maybe even naming conventions to hide master components like ā€œ.ā€ Or ā€œ_ā€.
Try these two things:
1: try removing any hiding-naming technique from the checkbox variant and the father row if they have. See if that fixes the issue, otherwise
2: select all the variants for your checkbox and perform some description change on the properties of each variant on the right. Apply this also to other variants containing the troublesome components.

For me option 2 solved a bug we had with button component, also bare in mind that the component causing the issue could be any other in the library. For example, if your row component has a button, a heading, a checkbox or any other component, try to repeat the step 2. Hopefully youā€™ll mail the one with the issue

This is workkkkkkkkkk, you just saved my life. THANKS

1 Like

This solve mi issue, Thanks so much! :raised_hands: :green_heart:

1 Like

Hello, I have same issues. The ā€œRepair selected instancesā€ option is not available now. Is there any other solution for this?

Plus one - repair selected instances isnā€™t an option

@Figma_Team this is the only solution that anyone seems to have had any success with, and as far as i can see, this option is no longe available. This is a very serious flaw in your software which, judging by the length of this thread, is frustrating a lot of your users, and has been since at least Feb '21. Thatā€™s a year and a half, and still no solution. Really?

3 Likes

This is still happening. Iā€™ve just written to support as the repair instances option is no longer available.

This is really annoying and it can be a blocker @Figma_Support

1 Like

Hey @Matt-EG,

Someone from support replied to your email 7 hours ago. Please check your email for an update, so the support team can gather additional information regarding the issue within your specific file. Thanks!

1 Like

@Figma_Support This has just started happening to me and its a major blocker right now.

Does anyone know what the solution is? and the ā€˜repair selected instancesā€™ isnā€™t an option.
Help please

Hey, sorry to hear this is happening. Please reach out to the support team directly via this form for help: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Be sure to write in from your Figma account email address, include a link to your file, and share that file with support-share@figma.com.

1 Like

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Do you know what the average turn around time for support share is?