Elements from library disappearing on files

Hey @Tom_Twiby,

Support typically aims to reply within 24-48 hours, but it can vary depending on current volume. That said, it looks like you’re already being helped by our Technical Quality team who have also looped in engineering. They’ll continue you to help with your open ticket!

How do you turn OFF the beta version of interactive components?

Hey @Brett_von_Halle,

This reply was from August 2021, and interactive components came out of beta in October 2021.

Turning off interactive components is a legacy feature that was originally created to help with performance and loading prototypes when users were originally testing the beta. Our team has since made improvements in this area since it’s launch, so we no longer support this feature. There’s no way to turn interactive components on or off.

Hello,

I’m afraid I’m now encountering this issue as well. The solution that seemed to fix the problem in the vast majority of cases (“Repair selected instances”) is no longer accessible.

The Design System (master) file is working perfectly fine. However, I have 40 teams that have been stuck since last Friday. Whenever they drag a component from the library, that instance is either empty or doesn’t use the correct styles. (see attached video)

I saw on https://www.figma.com/release-notes/ that you released an update last week regarding libraries. Is there a possible link?

At the same time, the teams are unable to use the tool properly because as soon as they load a component into their files, the tool’s performance becomes extremely poor (see video). These performance issues prevent them from updating their library; Figma crashes consistently.

The details I’m sharing have been confirmed by three colleagues from three different teams working on different files.

I’ve submitted a support ticket to Figma, sharing these details. There has been no response so far. What might be a product bug for you is a significant issue for our company. We have 850 people spread across 40 product teams who are unable to make progress with their designs.

@dvaliao Thank you in advance for your assistance.

1 Like

I think I’m also experiencing a variant of this problem… I rolled back to a prior version now I can’t get the library to show any changes ready to publish. Regardless of how many changes I force into a valid component.