Elements from library disappearing on files

Figma support team sent those “fixing steps” to me as well, but they didn’t work at all.

" In the files where those issue is occurring, can you try the following steps:
Select all layers
Launch quick commands (cmd /)
Search for and apply the option “Repair selected instances"

Now we are in the process of manually recreating our entire library and all the screens… which will take weeks. :frowning:

…and in the meantime, other components continue to break (randomly).

2 Likes

I tried every solution listed here to no avail + support suggestion of making minor changes the parent and publishing.

Here are the steps that finally worked for me:

1. Remove the problematic components from their variants
  2. Republish and accepted the changes in the connected files
  3. Problematic components ceases to disappear
  4. Go back to Component in the library - recombine the components back into a variant
  5. Republish and accepted the changes in the connected files

Everything appears again as designed.

This solution solved the problem for us. Thanks a lot for sharing @Helene Helene!

1 Like

Hello everyone ! Do you have any news about the cause of this bug? The quick fix with “Repaire selected instance” work well but we’re working on many huge files and it’s quite problematic… Thanks !

I placed a component instance from a library into a file I am working on and the component is empty. When I tested the same component in other files, it appears the way it is expected to. Additionally, when I click to go to the component’s master instance, it links accordingly.

Has anyone else experienced this @Figma_Support @Figma – is this a bug?

Can you share what the component should look like? Does this happen to all components in that library or just this specific one?

@Josh @Figma @support I am also having this issue. This issue was triggered after I updated a component in the library—all of the updated components are now empty. I tried to update a second component, and have had the same issue. This “Accordion Header” was initially hidden with a “_” prefix, and I have tried removing that prefix to see if it updates in the file where it is used—it didn’t work.

The components are showing as completely empty—I cannot click into them to see their layers:

In the component library, it renders fine:

I am also experiencing the same issue. Is there a solution to it? Please share.

In my design system there are components containing several components, if I make changes to them, they stop being displayed in other files.

This worked beautifully! Thank you so much Helene :heart:

This issue is affecting a large number of components in our library. Instances are either entirely empty (they look like an empty bounding box, and the layers are missing), or missing entire parts of from layer structure when placed into a file. It doesn’t appear to affect new files, but I cannot find a fix for existing files that use components from the library. I’ve tried removing the problem components, unpublishing, republishing, etc. In addition, any new components added to the library since the initial onset of the bug will not work at all. I get an error message the component fails to place into the file. These components are now sitting in the updates modal and will not clear. I’m about to take the library behind the shed and start a new one because it’s totally debilitating.

We also have the same issues with one of our components…

Is this bug will be corrected in the next update ?
It’s the only workaround is to make a detach copy of the component and copy past it on all the screen we need to be seen. But we need a better solution.

Hi!
We are encountering the same issue occasionally. After modifying components in our design system library and publishing, these components simply disappear from other projects, or lose some of the content. It’s kinda problematic, because we’re a huge company, with hundreds of designers working on hundreds of projects.
Is this a known issue? Couldn’t find anything on existing topics.

1. We my team using our own design system library, in some pages the elements from the library cannot sync properly so that we have to republish the library over and over again…

this image shows that a scrolling bar in different variants property and one of it cannot show properly including names etc.

1. Does anyone have the same issue like this?

Thanks

Hi all,

I’m having trouble with a component not appearing once i’ve pushed library changes and reviewed them in the file.

The component is there… it’s just invisible? Anybody else having this issue and know how to solve this?

We keep having the same issue. We did some small changes in our library components, and then in the UI file most of the layers have disappeared.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

I had this issue as well. The most odd thing is that I could see the elements in my version history.
The solution that worked for me was to:

1. select the invisible element
  2. cut it
  3. paste it back
    For whatever reason this made everything reappear.

I’m experiencing something similar Icons are disappearing but when I select the component they re-appear.

haven’t figured out any solution as of yet.

I’m currently having the same issues, I’ve tried all the suggested solutions here and nothing seems to work.
It’s quite frustrating