Custom team templates

Did the template picker disappear from the latest version? I can’t find it anymore as I was thinking about that missed opportunity basic feature

this would be super helpful for our teams as well, especially to be distributed as support assets with the design system

Same here - really hoping for this one!!

1 Like

Me (and probably the other Designers at IBM) would appreciate the capability to add templates or at least feed into templates requirements for you to produce.

1 Like

Hi.

How is this not possible yet? :confused:

This is a deal breaker for me asi i have to copy/paste to much buttons and edit all of the later…

Please add this :smiley:

2 Likes

This is exactly what we need too on my team!

I just built a whole starter kit for designers thinking I would just save it as a template now that I’m done – and kind of shocked it doesn’t exist. I found this thread as I was hunting to figure out how to do it :slight_smile:

Everything from Word, Sketch, XD, etc., relies on templates to make it easy to start everyone from a consistent base. This should certainly be a table stakes feature.

This is exactly what I thought I’d get from signing up for “organization”. Super bummed I upgraded. I don’t see any real benefit now. Hope they add this functionality soon.

1 Like

Yes, I would like to have this feature as well. I have made a file that we use as template. And I have favorite this file, so it’s shown in the left navigation. But now the design team is growing. It’s been overseen by new people. I think a default template that could be chosen when you create a new file will help in the keep the quality in our standardization.

have a very similar use case! thanks for bringing this up. Just spent 20 mins in admin logs to track down a missing design file template… it was accidentally moved and then overwritten. Not too hard to backtrack and re-create for what I’m doing, but still a bit frustrating +1

This is very much the situation I’m in right now as well. I’m testing Figma (FigJam actually) to see if it has the features we need. Not having templates is a huge problem, since we depend on them heavily in other similar software.

+1. This feature would help my team so much… it’s about time.
Would be good to have possibility of adding a few templates for the team to choose from when creating a new file on their projects.

I just saw that Sketch (Oh yes, I said it) has templates now :face_in_clouds:

1 Like

Was just about to submit the same idea.

I’d like to create a proper template for my new drafts so I don’t have to create X number of pages like Cover/Personas/Problem Statement/Etc.

Upvoting!! We have a specific file we use as our starting point for all projects in Figma, that includes page organization and categorization and standard thumbnail templates. It would be ideal to make this a standard option next to “new design file” in Figma.

Just here to lurk on progress. No? Maybe?

Hi :slightly_smiling_face: Any word on this? Would be a huge help on the DesignOps side.

We really need this!!!

Would really love this. Figma has a lot of features that are ideal for making templates… except the ability to create a template.

1 Like

I just recently ran into this problem. I had to create 8 teams in Figma (all with same structure) and found the process to be very time intensive. Instead of copy and paste, I had to rebuild and copy the same structure 8 times and then double check all of my work.

I know duplicate is not a buzzy worthy feature, but it did negatively impact my perception of the tool. I dread ever having to setup another project team in the future and truly hope the functionality to simplify the process is built into the roadmap before I have to do it again.

From a designOps perspective, it makes it increasingly harder to create a consistent setup when the process is manual.