Confused on Teams Files and Projects. Collaboration

Hi all I have a free starter account. It works great. I am confused on limitations and projects.

1. Is there anyway someone can leave comments on a design of prototype or design without signing up for a Figma account like Miro where you sent a link and done.

2. Free account states:

• Unlimited editors on 3 team files
  • 1 team project
    What is the difference between a Team Project vs a Team file?
  1. I won’t be designing/collaboration with anyone but… I would like to use FigJam for brainstorming sessions with non-designers. Do they have to create an account or again can I like Miro send out a link and anyone can edit?

Trying to understand do I really need a Professional account when I’m the only designer but do need comments and feedback. Brainstorming.

Response to #1: You always need an account to coment.

To #2: A team project on the free plan would be like a folder with max 3 files. Every file itself can be shared with an unlimited # of collaborators.

So as a Figma user, you have a drafts folder (with unlimited files) and a shared folder with max. 3 files. Let’s say you need 5 files to do your work, or it would make sense to have a folder for Project 1 for Project 2 for organisational reasons, you’d consider the professional plan.

To #3: you need an account to edit, both for FigJam and Figma.

What I don’t know, and maybe someone can help me out here: do Figjam files count as files in the free plan?

What I don’t know, and maybe someone can help me out here: do FigJam files count as files in the free plan?

Hey all - FigJam files do not currently count towards your 3 file limit as a free user.

At this time, you can have unlimited FigJam files. See this blog and help page for additional information:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.