Can I import Miro into FigJam?

Update (7/21/22):
You can now import Miro files into FigJam. :tada:

Here’s the Help Center article to get you started: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/6227676527255.html

It’s not possible to import Miro boards into FigJam, but you can export your Miro boards as assets then import them into FigJam.

Getting started with imports :arrow_upper_right:

Was this FAQ helpful?
  • Yes :blush:
  • No :pensive:

0 voters

6 Likes

When i click on the link you provided there is no where on the Miro link that uses the words assets. Are you referring to templates as an exampe?

4 Likes

Gee, Hanna, @David_Hoodspith asks a very pertinent question that should be easy to answer, mostly for the thousands of us who use Miro.

No way I am migrating to FigJam when “support” is this incompetent with an essential question. Someone @ Figjam with a little bit more of an initiative could clarify what option in MIRO exports the “assets” @hanna is going on about?

1 Like

Definitely would be interesting to get Hanna’s perspective (or that of someone else at Figma) on what the specific flow is that might work.

My take - what I think Hanna meant - is that whilst it’s not possible to import a whole Miro board, you can export parts of the Miro board (e.g. select a bunch of Miro stickies and export to CSV, export diagrams or other sections of your Miro board as PNG). These CSVs and PNGs are your ‘assets’. And then import them to your FigJam board (i.e. Import the CSV, which will create stickies on your FigJam board; copy/paste PNGs or drag them in).

Hope this helps. I’m on a journey of migrating from Miro to FigJam, and would love a more automated way of getting boards across. The ideal would be to export a Miro board as a backup (i.e. into a .rtb file) and then be able to import that.

3 Likes

Many thanks! It clears out the confusion.

This is absolutely needed for FigJam to be a paid product - to avoid double paying across Miro and FigJam. I have 300+ Miro boards, it’s impossible to individually export them as png and reupload them to FigJam.

11 Likes

Ok, a month of use now, and I can’t, I simply can’t use Figjam as a substitute for Miro in a million years. It takes me so much more time to prepare a presentation/discussion board combo when compared to Miro. If you need anything than the basic colours or fonts they offer you need to go over what is the most user-unfriendly plugin system ever and re-run the plug-in over and over.

Figjam sucks! It would be much better if they just incorporated the presentation and collaboration features of Figjam into Figma, as I think they might have done already…

Hi @jkeane!

My guess is that “assets” refers to the global asset types in Miro’s export menu: image, PDF, or CSV.

I would personally recommend exporting as a PDF, and then importing in to FigJam using a PDF Import widget to keep things crisp. The important thing to note here is that all the objects must exist in a Miro artboard to get exported out.

Thank you for sharing your approach and struggles! We’ll be listening, so don’t hesitate to reach out with more feedback. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Clara - I see what you mean. Exporting a Miro board as a single flat image or pdf to import to Figjam might work for some folks, but I reckon that nearly everyone looking at this topic is actually trying to switch from Miro to Figjam - i.e. bring across the components on the Miro board as components on the Figjam board. Fortunately, it looks like there may be some movement on this capability, per Import Miro Boards to FigJam

2 Likes

I can’t import a vector PDF exported from Miro into FigJam, it says the file type isn’t supported

I’ve made a plugin which will do a full import of a Miro board as requested. Right now it doesn’t support every Miro board item (notably, image export unfortunately isn’t supported by the Miro API yet) but it can import a board into FigJam that is roughly the same as the Miro version.

Here’s the link: https://www.figma.com/community/plugin/1083402318007626350/Import-Miro-Board

3 Likes

Hi folks, a quick update for this thread: you can now import Miro files into FigJam. :tada:

Here’s the Help Center article to get you started: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/6227676527255.html

1 Like

Supposedly items from Miro map to items in FigJam but I don’t find this true. When I create a simple miro board with a single sticky in a frame and export to PDF, FigJam brings this in as an odd thing, not a Sticky, like the help makes it seem (see the section on mapping).

Am I missing something here, or does Miro → PDF → Import → FigJam board not work right?

1 Like