About the bug of lines in automatic layout

In the automatic layout, you used to be able to draw lines directly with L shortcut, and then the lines will be automatically added to the automatic layout. After the previous two versions were updated, you couldn’t draw lines and add them directly to the automatic layout. After drawing lines, you need to cut the lines and paste them into the automatic layout. Very inconvenient. But with R shortcut, you can draw rectangles and automatically add them to the automatic layout, as well as text. Lines are not allowed.

Hi @ESSA1, Thanks for reaching out about the lines in auto layout. I totally understand the inconvenience this might cause.

From my side, using the shortcut (L) in an Auto layout seems to be working as expected.

Could you let us know if this is happening in the desktop app, in the browser, or both? If it’s in the browser, could you tell us which one you’re using?

A good first step might be to try clearing your app and browser cache to see if that helps.
Here’s a guide: Clear the Figma desktop app cache

If that doesn’t resolve your issue, we’re more than happy to wait for input from our community members, or you can reach out directly to our support team here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
When contacting our support team, it would really help if you could provide the following:

• Use your Figma account email address.
  • A brief video recording showing the problem. It would be super helpful to see the entire window, including the Properties and Layers Panel, with the relevant layers expanded. If you can, please turn on key-capture while recording.
  • Let them know the troubleshooting steps you’ve already tried.

I hope these steps help! If something wasn’t clear, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Also, if anyone in our community has suggestions or workarounds, we’d love to hear them!

Thanks,

I have filled out and uploaded the attachment as you requested. Please resolve this issue as soon as possible. thanks

Hi there, Thanks for letting us know. We fully understand how crucial it is for you to get this issue resolved.
I’ve checked your ticket (#983199) in our backend and our Technical Quality team are currently work on it. They’ll be reaching out to assist you soon.

Thanks for your patience while we work on this!