Why did you steal money form my card, Figma?

So you take money from people’s cards without letting them know? Without asking them if they agree? How dare you? I paid $15 the first month, $20/month for the next 2 months and now I just noticed that I paid a $35 invoice.

When I checked why I am paying more and more, I noticed that $5 a month came from me creating a new Figjam file to see what Figjam is. Found no use for it and forgot about it, but you took $5/month out of my pocket for that, just for creating a new file. You didn’t ask me if I agree, you didn’t tell me that my subscription price was gonna increase, you just stealthy took money out of my pocket, just like a pick pocket or con man.

Then I allowed a client to edit one of his files, BAM, another $15/month. Again, without being asked or notified about this.

This is theft, this is nothing but a low life scam. You are disgusting.

First of all this would be something to contact the support team.
For further information have a look at the Figma contact page or Figma support page.

You agreed the terms when you signed up for a professional account.
There it’s clearly stated that every member with editor role will cost you $15 (if you prefer to pay monthly). Which you also can read about on the Figma pricing page.

If you invite someone to your team aka. your professional account and give them edit rights – like you mentioned, it will be count as a new team member with an additional charge of $15.

That’s definitely no theft.
You are always able to have an overview about your costs in your Team billings tab AND as mentioned, you have agreed the terms while signing up for a professional account.

The same counts for your FigJam issue – as long as you didn‘t signed up for a professional plan – you won’t be charged. So presumably, you’ve just signed up for the service, which won’t happen automatically. Therefore, you’ve been charged $5 on a monthly basis.

Note:
FigJam was in free beta until February and ended became a paid product (as long as you don’t use the starter plan). But as @tank666 mentioned in this forum post there wasn’t any automatically charge, too. You’ve to switch to a professional plan manually.

On February 1, 2022, the free beta period for FigJam will end. After this date, FigJam will become a paid product. These changes won’t impact existing FigJam files. You can still access and edit any files created before February 1, 2022. For more information, see the Help Center article: FigJam Billing

For sure the Figma team will help you out and I guess they’re sorry for any inconvenience you had, but from my perspective you’ve just didn’t read the terms you’ve agreed to.

@Chrtz

No, when your account gets charged without you knowing, it’s something to be as public as possible. Of course they have the legal grounds to do it, it’s not theft in the real sense of theft, since they wrote the term and conditions and whatnot, but besides the fact that it’s terrible UX, which is ironic since this is a UX tool, it’s disgusting and immoral.

I’m surprised that you, as a user, are ok with being charged without giving approval. It’s against basic common sense and decency.

How can you say that it’s ok to be charged with $5/month just for clicking on the “Create new FigJam file” button?

I don’t care about the money, it’s a matter of principle, especially since a company with such big credibility is doing this. Disgusting, I hope Adobe will change this low life way of doing business. Absolutely disgusted by Figma, this never EVER happened to me.

The thing is, after I read your thread I actually have tried to open a new figjam file (as I signed up for a Figma professional plan, but not the FigJam professional plan). And I didn’t get charged or will get charged at all.

As long as you haven’t accidentally booked the professional plan, you will use the starter plan, which is free. Do you may have shared your FigJam file with the other person you have mentioned earlier?

Figma won’t automatically book the professional plan, you have to do it manually. So as I wrote before, you must have do so by accident (like clicking around in your team settings or set a checkmark in the booking process of your current Figma professional plan, moving the file to your team, creating a team file or add other editors of your team).

But to deescalate this, you should really contact the support team and most likely they will help you.
Creating new threads might not be the solution to potentially get your money back.

If what happened to you would be the normal and intended behavior, don’t you think the forum would be filled up with angry people?

Edit:
To be fair I just found the following thread, so @christian_banu this might be the thing that happened to you: How to cancel FigJam billing?

As I mentioned earlier, as long as you would have kept the FigJam file in the personal drafts folder, nothing would have happened.

Hey @ksn or any of the other community supporters would you might have a look here?

Hey @Chrtz - thanks for the tag.

@Cristian_Banu I’m very sorry for any issues you’re having with billing, for any charges that were unexpected, and for any negative opinions this has ultimately caused.

I don’t actually have the power or tools to investigate this further (or even refund). Only the support team directly can assist with this.

If you haven’t yet already with the links that @Chrtz provided, please file a ticket here: Billing and account form →

Since this is what you will need to do to request a refund or correct any other billing issues, I will be closing this ticket and marking this as the solution for visibility for others.

1 Like