How to cancel FigJam billing?

On March 11, 2022, I paid for one seat of annual Figma plan. And did not opt for FigJam.

But suddenly I received an email that I will be charged monthly for FigJam starting on April 11. I seriously did not opt for this.

I only have 2 FigJam files which is under the scope of the Free Plan. Now I want to cancel it before April 11 comes but I cannot find any cancel button for the incoming monthly FigJam plan. The “Cancel Plan” button only cancels the annual Figma plan which I don’t want to do.

3 Likes

As far as I know, this doesn’t work that way. You need to be on the Starter (free) plan for its quotas to work. A team can’t be on Starter and Professional plan at the same time. And since you have one design seat in your team, once you add FigJam files to the team, you also can edit them so you have to pay for FigJam Professional plan. Keep these FigJam files in your Drafts so you don’t get charged for them.

Thank you @Gleb if that’s the case then it’s weird for Figma not saying anything beforehand when I created the FigJam file hmm this system is weird for me

4 Likes

Yeah the billing system is very broken but I guess it makes them money so there is not much incentive to fix it. :smiley: That said, you can email support with your feedback, I heard they are working on it.

Just to interject: if you haven’t yet, please file a support ticket with all the details you mentioned here: Billing and account form →

They should be able to help correct this, explain why you were billed, how Figjam has to be cancelled, etc. since they can take a look more closely at your account details.

I’m sorry for any confusion, and that I can’t help further more directly @Alyssa_Maac :slightly_frowning_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.