SOLVED - Preserve Scroll Position (please roll back the feature)

I’m having the same issue, it makes the prototype seem broken. Please bring back the “Preserve scroll position” feature

3 Likes

Why would you change even bother messing around with one of the most used features in prototyping, this is a disaster, my prototype is acting all weird… Seriously, Why?

Please change it back to how it was, Thank You!

6 Likes

I’m having same issue - this update broke my prototype. It also introduced a bunch of hidden variant states that I don’t want. Please help!

3 Likes

C’mon Figma, this has been going on too long…

:point_up:

3 Likes

I’ve tried this and still can’t get my prototype to work :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

So? @Figma_Support when are you rolling this back?? People’s jobs are literally depending on it. I have clients to present to and I look like an unprofessional idiot due to YOUR bug! Fix this already!!

3 Likes

Seriously! I’ve had to change my whole workflow. Naming frames the same doesn’t work and is impossible to use when you have many frames to prototype! @Figma_Support roll back to ‘preserve scroll position’ checkbox ASAP please. Your product is unusable

5 Likes

It is horrible ! :upside_down_face:
Just make it simple please “keep scroll position” (default checked) that I can disable if I need.

5 Likes

I don’t recall matching layer names ever being a requirement before when the option to 'Preserve scroll position" was offered in the interaction settings. There’s no date on that help article you linked to, so no way to know if this is new behaviour

3 Likes

Please vote on this topic at the top left on this page so they fix this issue

4 Likes

Is it possible to rollback the ‘preserve scrool position’ please?
Your new version is terrible…

5 Likes

Agreed! Please roll back the feature. It’s super annoying that I can’t preserve the position of my prototype.

6 Likes

Same ! It’s a terrible update. How to ruin your work when you have to present a prototype :frowning: :rage:

2 Likes

Fix this issue! Supper annoyed!

3 Likes

This update is not making our prototypes behave in a predictable way when walking stakeholders and clients through them in a demo situation. It’s very jarring when the page unnaturally jumps to the top.

The suggested ‘fix’ to name the top-level frames the same works but as others have pointed out, is not ideal when you want to give different names to identify each screen for organisational purposes. Unique frame names help during construction of the prototype. We have ~20-60 frames and with the same name we’ll have to guess which is which in the interaction details menu.

3 Likes

Agreed, the best solution is to just keep the ‘Preserve scroll position’ checkbox and make it checked by default regardless of same frame names…

I’ve had to complete re-work my prototypes and they’re still not 100%

2 Likes

I am having the same issue on all my prototypes. I have tried to go fix and update the interactive components and the wired interactions, but on anything that was built prior to the update the scrolling is bugged. I even tried re-wiring the entire prototype from scratch again, but still didn’t fix it. Please Figma, PLEASE roll back this feature or figure out a fix. I don’t want to have to rebuild all my designs from scratch…

2 Likes

Gosh))) it’s been like 20 days, that’s something super easy to fix. Guys, if you think we will used to it, unfortunately no… How long to wait when my proto’s going to be fixed?

4 Likes

I was having the same issue but the note from support above really helped for my NEW protoypes.

Essentially the only part of the artboard name that has to be the same is the beginning if the artboard, then add “/” and everything after can be unique. SDo you dont have to have 30 frames with the name “default load”

I just renamed all my desktop frames
DT/default load
DT/input open
DT/tooltip

You get the idea. Anyway, it fixed everything and it works perfect now.

The thing I’m dreading is going back over older prototypes.

1 Like

@Figma_Support we need an update. Are you rolling back? How long will it take?