Prototype video doesn't play on devices

Hi guys,
What is the reason my prototype video doesn’t play on different devices?
The video is in MP4 format and is of the proper size.
I have a Xiaomi 11, and it plays perfectly on it in Chrome. However, the same prototype doesn’t start the video on the Sony Xperia 10 in Chrome; it starts in Mozilla, but there it is broken and distorted. Please, help!

1 Like

Hey Gergana, thank you for reaching out! The minimum browser requirements are Chrome 84 or later. Could you check this on your Sony Xperia 10? You can find more information in our Help Center Article: What browsers does Figma support?

I’m also experiencing this issue. Videos do play in the website prototype viewer but the same video doesn’t play when viewing on the mobile mirror app.

Mobile details

• App version = 24.1.1
  • Device model = iPhone 14 Pro
  • iOS version = 17.2.1

Please let me know if I can provide any other information. I’m very keen on finding a workaround. This is disrupting our workflow :slight_smile:

Thank you

Hey @Martin_Cisneros, thank you for sharing your mobile details with us.

It appears you may be encountering a known issue with video playback on iPhone that our team is currently investigating. At this time, we do not have an estimated timeline for a resolution.

I understand that this is not an ideal solution, but please know that we are actively working on improving our platform and addressing issues like this. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we strive to provide a better experience for our users.

To help us take a closer look, can you share a file link with us and add support-share@figma.com as an Editor to the file with the video that won’t play (this won’t affect your billing at all)? Also, please feel free to DM me the file link if you don’t want to share it publicly in the Forum.

Thanks in advance! Let me know if you have any further questions.

1 Like

Same. Cannot play videos any more on iOS Figma mirror. This makes it really hard to prototype

1 Like

Hey @brad14, apologies for any disruption to your work! Are you also experiencing issues when playing videos in your prototype? If so can you give me the following details?

• App version
  • Device model
  • iOS version

I will flag this to the team. Thanks you for your help!

Also, the video is not playing on IOS is 17.4

1 Like

Hey @Ariunbold1, thanks for the confirmation! You also may be encountering the issue with video playback on iPhone that our team is currently investigating. As I have mentioned befre at this time, we do not have an estimated timeline for a resolution.

If possible, can you give me the following details as well

• App version
  • Device model

To help us take a closer look, can you share a file link with us and add support-share@figma.com as an Editor to the file with the video that won’t play (this won’t affect your billing at all)? Also, please feel free to DM me the file link if you don’t want to share it publicly in the Forum.

Thanks in advance!

Sure, the Mobile app version is 24.4.0, Desktop Figma app is 116.16.14
The device model is iPhone 11 pro max
I also tried playing the video on an iPad, but it still doesn’t work.

1 Like

I have the same issue, video is not autoplaying in mirror
mirror version 24.4.0
desktop app version 116.17.11
device iphone 13, ios version 17.4

Thank you for sharing these information with us! I’ve just forwarded it to the teams, as they’re currently investigating the issue. Unfortunately, we don’t have an estimated timeline for a resolution, but I’ll keep you updated!

Same Issue, very annoying :frowning:

1 Like

Hi, i’m facing with the same issue.
have you come to any solution?
Thanks

1 Like

The same problem after update IOS 17.4

Same problem here :frowning:
Any news?

Thanks

Hey everyone, unfortunately I don’t have any updates yet. I have forwarded your complaints to the team. Will let you know when I receive more information on this.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Chiming in to confirm the videos in Mirror are not playing for me either.

Mirror version 24.6.1
iPhone 14 Pro
iOS 17.4.1

Any update? every month I pay professionals only for video.

Same issue here.

Also reporting the same issue: updated to the latest version of Mirror. Video plays in desktop preview, not on Mirror on iphone. Come on Figma devs - pull your fingers out!