👋 Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone :wave:,

I’m Alexis product designer for a french neo-bank named Qonto,
I’m a Figma daily user since the beginning, and a community contributor.

My community contribution are:

don’t hesitate to look at them :wink:

Now I’m focusing to develop plugins to automate internal design tasks to help designer to be more efficient in their day-to-day work.

Feel free to ping me if you have any question.

See you around!

2 Likes

Hey @Barbara7,

Sorry for the confusion. It’s not currently possible to edit Figma design files using the mobile app.

The Figma mobile app lets you access your files and test prototypes from anywhere. You can also share files, browse multiple workspaces, and mirror frames from your desktop to your mobile device. Hope this helps clarify!

Wow, this is so strange. Could you add such function? I’m sure latest iPad’s or iPhone pro max’s hardware can well handle your product, as it does with even quite solid video editors and artistic editors.
It really is weird given some iPads were even made for the designers to work with. Also there’s such factor as women with little kids, who are nevertheless carrying on their graphics jobs mostly from their mobile devices and have very rare chances to sit down to their computers for a couple of years sometimes.

Hello Everyone:)

I am a former teacher who has just made the switch to UI design. For the past few weeks, I have been learning any and everything about UI Design and Figma.

I am excited to be a part of this community.

Fun Fact: I am a dog lover and the owner of two Cavalier King Charles.

2 Likes

We’re already working on it. Feel free to vote and add your feedback for the team here: Let us design on tablets

1 Like

Hello Gleb, I am Awat from Iraq a fresh member of the Figma community, I am a beginner I want t dive into Figma a be an expert user, I am so interested can you please advise me with some tips for fresh and junior user :slight_smile: much appreciated.

Hi I’m Diego González Product Designer from Colombia. You can find me in the Figma community https://www.figma.com/@elflacosoyyo
I was config 2022 speaker Can it be delightful to design a table? - Diego González (Config 2022) - YouTube
It is great to be here! :fire:
Fun fact: My wife and I have 6 children :man_feeding_baby:t2:

3 Likes

Hello, there!

I’m Tatiana and I’ve been working as a designer for as long as I can remember! :sweat_smile:

I’ve switched to Figma recently (from Sketch), but I appreciated how easy it is to learn! It’s nice to be part of this community because it’s active and it seems many things can be found here when needed, thanks to all of you beautiful people! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

See you around! :blush:

P.S: My husband and I have two adorable dachshunds, Bullet and Cujo, that take (almost) all of our free time!

4 Likes

Hi! I am Ivan. I’m from Ukraine.
Worked as a furniture designer during 8 years.
Now I am switching to web.
Good luck to everyone on your ways!

2 Likes

Hi Marc,

To answer your question I can tell you how we do it in my company. I’m the lead UX/UI designer at Neuro Event Labs and I work very closely with the web team. Our process is as follows: first I design the workflow of the system (e.g if it’s a new feature), then we discuss technical difficulties with the team in the early stages, something like sanity check, ensuring that I don’t design something that’s impossible to implement.

This is an iterative process, meaning that on a weekly basis, I present the next iteration of the design within the team until we agree that we have covered the most common use cases and the implementation and design go hand-in-hand. And given the fact that our product is a medical device, covering the most common use cases is not easy to achieve as one might think.

From that aspect, I can’t say I have experienced too many frustrations because the developers (and other stakeholders) are part of the product design. Even during the implementation, if something unexpected comes up and requires some change in the design, I’m asked to provide guidance and make decisions.

The main difficulty comes when we try to engage real end-users for usability tests; it’s simply not easy due to time and other constraints.

/Tatiana

P.S. I’m also asked why I moved to Tampere! :grimacing:

1 Like

Hi Tatiana,

You live in a very nice city! Especially we love to visit Tampere in the summer, amazing scene! Also, beautiful dogs!!

Thank you so much for your answers, it sounds very interesting! I understand that for the medical device itself you need to get feedback from patients who use it, but when it comes to the website part of the product, I think I could help with the usability and interaction tests.

So, may I suggest you take a look at our service attractive.ai?

Our service, Poe, uses decades of scientific research and evidence to provide useful UX insights and improvements. Think of it as if all the user research you need is actually done in advance for you. For example, Poe looks at user perception and attention. It generates a predictive heatmap that tells where the attention areas are. Then, if the attention is not as expected you can easily correct the color choices you made (or other aspects of the design).

I’m happy to give you more info, so feel free to ping me any time. (Don’t want to write too much because otherwise I’ll be told off for promoting, even though I’m just trying to help here! :))

In any case, thank you again for your answers, I really appreciate you sharing your experience and I hope you have a very lovely summer!

Cheers,
Marc

1 Like

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the info regarding your service. I will have a look and if I have any questions I know where to find you! :blush:

Have a nice summer too! :parasol_on_ground:

/Tatiana

1 Like

Good day, good people. Zlatko here, originally from Macedonia. :wave:

I‘ve done plenty of things during my gazillion of years career. But lately, I‘m passionate about designing icons at my shop called Pixel Bazaar and writing words for the UI Copy Figma plugin.

Previously, I was a product designer and a former startup founder.

Write to me if you want to connect and discuss geeky topics on creativity. I can help you a lot with soft skills too, which is why I wrote a little ebook called Freelanceshire.

1 Like

Hey all! My name is Andrew from New Jersey and I’m a UX Developer looking to learn figma some more and create some plugins for my team! Looking forward to learn from you all

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Huy or @uiuimao on Figma account. I’m a Freelance Product Designer from Indonesia.

On my work, I love Design System.
On my daily life, hangout with friends, traveling and explore any good foods.

Feel free to DM me. I will try my best to reply :slightly_smiling_face:

By the way, hope you enjoy my shared design file :slight_smile: :tada:

3 Likes

Hey! Just a beginner designer finding my way around figma for the first time. Wish me luck!

1 Like

Hi, I’m Lee Andron a UX Designer and Stratigitist in the Boston area. I’ve worked with Figma since 2018 for a variety of large brands and I’m currently working on the https://edisondesignsystem.com at GE.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I’m leewei from Singapore and I’ve been working in product design for the last 7 years. I’ve recently started freelancing.

2 Likes

Hello, I’am learning Jekyll atm and started to learn Figma to go along with it. Nothing to complain about so far.

1 Like

Hi Josh, i am currently having glych problems with my figma account, everytime i use a plugin i am unable to close the plugin, as the plugin would have covered all the space, and not show options to close the plugin, can you help me