Hide component properties from parent instance properties

@Josh If I understood correctly, the Issue described by OP is the same as in this topic.

Basicially It comes to “As a DS Creator I want to select the nested properties which show on a component. So that my DS Users will not be able to make mistakes in using the component.”

imho, you can merge these.

This would help our DS tremendously!

make it work like components… put a . in front of the name, so it’s gets hidden in all components where it gets used.

or make it so, that I can choose which elements from the nested components, will be visible. And not just 1 checkbox, for all.

I don’t understand why this isn’t basic functionality of Figma. And wondering this with many other functionalities (like, linking to other pages from a prototype. Can already notice im looking at other software tools, because Figma is getting slow with updates, and with communications about new features that we, the community want.

3 Likes

Happy Sketch users are laughing at us because they’ve been using this feature for 3 or 4 YEARS while we are just dreaming about it here… Well, let’s keep doing what we’re doing and maybe next Christmas Santa will bring the long-awaited " present". Or not…

2 Likes

Yes, this is something that was so nice from Sketch and it blows my mind Figma doesn’t support this. PLEASE Figma, add this. It’d be so simple and make a massive impact.

1 Like

Not showing my hover states in the variant list would be great!

Adding to this thread. Being able to pick which properties can be seen when using a nested instance is huge for a complex design system.

What’s interesting is you can sorta do this with the “Instance swap property” and showing “Preferred values”. This would be a similar type of idea. Showing “preferred properties” only. But in this case they couldn’t go add more properties, but even if we can just hide them that would be better than exposing all of the properties of a nested instance.

1 Like

Absolutely need this.
I came here looking for this exact feature.
You can’t really build scalable, parametric design systems without this.

2 Likes