Working in Figma every day all day I find myself constantly wishing I could more easily collapse the side panels when designing and presenting. The panels take up a lot of space and limit your design range pretty significantly.
How awesome would it be if there was a way to collapse them and also have an easy way to get access to them with no clicks or taps?!
- Have a toggle in the upper panel to show/hide *with a check box option to “show on hover”
- If the user toggles to hide and checks the “show on hover” box
- then UI panels will be hidden
- And the user can easily access them by mousing over to either side to expand the panel
- Once they are done using it and hover away
- Then it collapses back
- AND the user has SO much more space to work with – without loosing easy access to tools
Figma would be even closer to perfect with this feature.
Thanks for a great forum!