Can't edit FigJam that I have edit permissions on

I have the same bug. Please fix soon

Thanks for continuing to report this issue. I followed up with the team to hopefully get an update for you all very soon.

Can any of you please confirm that you’ve already tried the following?

• logging out and back in
  • clearing your browser/desktop app’s cache
  • un-installing and re-installing the desktop app

I have the same bug here too :confounded:

Tried

Still not working

Thanks, @Charles5,

Can you also try another web browser to see if that makes any difference?

Are you also the file owner or just trying to access a FigJam file that you’ve been granted edit permission to? Are you also able to provide the file link, so we can test on our end?

Hi, same issue here. I was able to edit a team member’s Figma until last week.
Today when I tried to edit it, it says I have View-only permissions and I can’t make any changes. The owner has showed me a screenshot of the permissions and I clearly have permissions to edit.

Possibly-related, I recently created and sent out a prototype, so everyone with the link to the prototype could View. Could that affect anything? Really stretching here.

I’ve also tried logging out and logging back in, and both the desktop app and the browser, to no avail. I’m not sure how to clear the cache of the desktop app (I am on macOS Big Sure).

Thank you.

Hi all, same issue here, but not with FigJam. I have edit permissions on a Figma file which I’ve been able to edit until today (29 November). I’ve tried logging out and logging back in, clearing my cache, and having someone remove and add me back as a collaborator on both the desktop app and browser. Also using macOS Big Sur. Would appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks!

Same issue here. Can edit on web browser but cannot on Desktop app.

I did all troubleshooting steps, Still not working.

Same, I am an admin and editor in every project, can not edit any FigJam file.

Hey @Paper_Fan,

Here’s how to clear the desktop app cache on a Mac:

1. Quit the Figma desktop app

2. Open Terminal.app and enter the following command: rm -rf “$HOME/Library/Application Support/Figma/”{Desktop,DesktopProfile}

3. Try opening the desktop app again

same problem here. though i am using windows, not mac.

Hi guys, did anyone find a solution to this issue? I am facing the same problem on both browser and desktop.

1 Like

Hi, I have the same issue on Figma and Figjam, I appear to be editor but I’m stuck on view only mode. I’m using Windows. Need help immediately, thanks.

We have a professional team plan and facing the same issue.
Sometimes only file creator has edit access when they create a new project within the team and members have view only access.
This creates unnecessary steps for team members to give edit access to people individually.

We have a Professional team plan and have the same issue that members with an editor’s permission can’t have access to files on the team projects. Is there any solutions to this bug?

Currently experiencing the same bug. On a Professional team plan as well, and we’re unable to edit even if user is the “owner” of the file and even when all members have editor access. It’s not working on either browser or desktop app. And we’ve even cleared the cache. Help!

so is there any update for this bug? i need a solution.

i have tried all the following step. IT’S NOT WORKING.

same here

Bryan_Chiew

3d

so is there any update for this bug? i need a solution.

i have tried all the following step. IT’S NOT WORKING.

Same problem…

same thing here, like everyone else, I’ve tried:

• logging out
  • logging back in
  • uninstalling app
  • reinstalling app
  • clearing browser cache
  • clearing app cache

Still just see “View only” this is 100% blocking me, how can we resolve this?