Zoom with scroll wheel jumps too much

After battling with this for several days I finally found a solution. I found an app called Mos (free and open source) which allows you to tweak macOS’s mouse scroll settings per application. Here are the settings that I am using which feel really nice!

It’s a shame that macOS has such crap support for 3rd party mouses. I also tried an app called Smooze Pro which helped with other apps but not Figma. Mos seems to work better in most cases so far.

3 Likes

has anyone find the solution for this? is this some kind of bug or something…

I found a solution that worked fine for me, in windows reduce the scroll count in mouse settings.

5 Likes

this one works! if you set it under 4 lines it will works

2 Likes

this works!!!

I have got a solution for smoother zooming.
Go to Menu>Preferences>Enable Use Alternate Zoom Handling

26 Likes

Thanks! Work for me!

1 Like

The zoom bug is back! Please fix it!

2 Likes

Check out @tamjeedusman’s answer. There is a preference setting that enables smooth scrolling. This was unchecked for me. Once checked everything is as it should be.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! It was really bugging me

1 Like

This seems to solve it, but I heard that the zoom issue is also in Figjam… which does NOT have this setting.

1 Like

[EDITED] @tamjeedusman’s solution solves the issue! thanks @Yonatan_Karya

1 Like

I don’t know if people lazy to read or what, but tamjeedusman’s answer above is solved the problem for me.

Kudos to @tamjeedusman

1 Like

Hope, Figma will add the same settings in Figjam too.

Thanks @Yonatan_Karya

The solution seems to solve it… but the preferences aren’t saved. At least in my version.

PRIO: Preferences aren’t saved?! - Previously: The ‘Use alternate zoom handling’ is NOT saved in your Preferences!?

1 Like

@Mehul_Dangar I don’t agree that this is a solution. It is a temporary solution.
It is affecting everything else like scroll speed on web, text documents etc…

A right way to fix the issue. Thanks man!

Awesome, works for me

Bam! This worked just fine. Thanks so much!