Windows Application freezes on any file doing any task

Hello Figma Community, I hope you all are doing great.
I’m using Figma Windows App and I’ve frequent freezes when I’m using the files regardless of their size or simplicity, sometimes when I’m zooming, or scrolling, or changing the padding size in an auto layout.
I tried to disable the security sandbox, but it didn’t solve it.
can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hey @Muhammad3 - at the moment, there are two version of the desktop app available.

Are you currently using the full release version of the Windows Figma desktop app?

Or are you currently using the Windows Figma app that’s in beta?

Hey @ksn , thank you for your reply.
I’m currently using 104.1 version for desktop, which I think is not the beta.

@Muhammad3 Thanks - that actually looks like the beta version.

Can you try using the current official release for Windows to see if you still have issues with freezing? You can download it by clicking this link: https://www.figma.com/download/desktop/win/

The screenshot above is using the stable version of the application, not the beta.

1 Like

That’s the official release, since I got it from the same link.

Sorry - that response was based on an incorrect assumption I had regarding app versions across operating systems @Muhammad3 @tank666

Regarding the slowness/freezing - @Muhammad3 can you DM me an email you can be contacted at, along with a couple of links to some of the files you’ve seen this slowness on? I know you mentioned it seems across the board, but having a couple of files to look at will help our support team try to replicate.

Sure, I’ll DM you soon with the links and my email.

Hey there,

Wondering if there is a fix for this? Same deal, windows 10 and the desktop app constantly freezers dragging, zooming and during a lot of other tasks. Doesn’t matter what file or size, it’s incredibly painful.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi @Jez , I didn’t find a solution yet, Figma Support had purposed a solution you can try it it might work for you:

1. Close the Figma desktop app
  2. Open the Start menu, and paste in this, followed by enter: %APPDATA%\Figma
  3. In the window that opens, delete the Desktop and DesktopProfile folders if they exist
  4. Launch the desktop app again
1 Like

thanks, @Muhammad3 - I’ll give it a go.

edit: @Muhammad3 - was it said this needs to be done every time it happens? Restarting the app re-creates these folders and if this has to be done every time it happens it’s not a solution, at all.

1 Like

@Jez , you’re welcome.

I guess it should be a solution to solve the freeze, if the freeze still continues then your case is the same as mine and other friends using Figma.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.