Top bar blank since latest version in Windows

This bug is very recent, I’m sure it’s at most some days old (a leap day prank?). Say the the Figma app is covered with another app. After a while I press Alt+tab to go back to it and all contents from the top bar (home and community icons, tabs, Windows icons) are gone. I’m left only with a plain dark bar. I cannot reproduce it when I want, it just comes and goes. The workaround is simple, just move the Figma window a bit and the bar controls is back. I use Windows 10.

Anyone else with this problem?

1 Like

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We’re looking into it and we’ll get back to you when we have anything we can share with you.

By the way, could you check it happens in the browser too?

Thanks,
Toku

Hi, last week I used Chrome to present some prototypes and AFAIK nothing was wrong with the browser.

Thanks for responding.

Thanks for additional information! It’s helpful. I’m asking internally and will get back to you when I have anything I can share with you. - Toku

Hi there,

Could you try clearing cache if the issue continues? I don’t think you can access to the tool bar, so please try as below:

1. Close the Desktop app.
  2. Open the Start menu
  3. Paste this string %APPDATA%\\\\Figma
  4. Press Enter to open the window
  5. Delete the Desktop and DesktopProfile folders, if they exist.
  6. Launch the Figma desktop app

If you have unsaved changes in your file, we recommend trying to open the file in the browser first. This will allow you to sync any offline changes, so you don’t lose your data.

If the issue persists, could you reach out: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new? Please make sure you use the email associated with your Figma account.

Thanks,
Toku

Hi, the issue happened again, so I’ve cleared the cache as instructed. I’ll let you know if it persists.

Thanks,

The problem persists. Here’s a screenshot:

HI there,

Thanks for the try but sorry that it didn’t help much. Now, I have to ask you to reach out to our support team. Could you please contact them at https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new? Please make sure you use the email associated with your Figma account when you do so.

Thanks for your patience.
Toku

Now the problem seems to be gone. I didn’t find it in the release notes, perhaps the fix is logged somewhere else.