Sliding Values! They're fantastic, but not always. [Video]

When you hover over a value, sometimes your cursor turns into a slider. From there you can click and drag and change the values intuitively instead of having to type out the numbers.
On the numeric inputs with big labels, there isn’t much of a problem. But when there are no labels to hover over, the area that detects a hover is so small that its really frustrating to nail it on the first try.

Here is a video demonstration of the frustration:

Does anyone even use the slider function or am I the only one? It’s super useful in my opinion. I don’t have to type the numbers and I can just approximately size it instead.
For anyone who have used Blender, a better implementation of the cursor slider is basically what I’m asking for.

What do you think?

1 Like

Hold Alt/Option and drag.

1 Like

It would also be nice to hove over the are and use mouse/trackpad scroll to increase/decrease values.

1 Like

This option doesn’t work to me. Is there any shortcut to turn it on?

You just saved me SO much time.

When you’re hovering over the number then hold alt!

Is anyone experiencing issues with this? I’ve grown quite accustomed to option sliding to get to the size or value that works but randomly the other day it just stopped working!! Not sure if I accidentally clicked a button that locked it but I still see the arrow when I hit option, but when I try sliding it doesn’t budge. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!