Resolved: Overrides not preserved when library is pushed

Hi folks, I might be stupid, but either the steps don’t work for me, or I did not understand the steps correctly.
I have two files: one with a Design library (containing all the master and variant components) and one with mockups built with instances from the master file.
I refreshed, reverted, and published new changes but they will still override the current ones. And it still happens with test components that I build a few hours ago. Is the issue really resolved for everybody? Is there a dumb step-by-step version of the fix that I can follow? :sweat_smile:
I’m really in deep deep trouble here :confused:

1 Like

I also can confirm that it works fine for me now. However I had one component that I had created during the affected time span, which still did not work as expected. I made a new copy of this component and relinked all instances to the new one, works fine now.
So basically for the libraries to work again all components have to be in a state either before the bug appeared or after it got fixed.

Hope everybody will be able to restore lost data, and thanks to the @anon21722796 team!

NOT fixed yet. Reloaded figma, but overrides are still lost when accepting library updates.

1 Like

Not fixed for me, I kept having major library issues all morning…

1 Like

Not fixed, and getting anxious already. We have clients, ongoing projects that get damaged by this bug at this moment…

1 Like

Thanks for the details Vasil.

@anon21722796 pls help with this bug, because we are pausing our work time. It is really a big problem! can you give us feedback when or if this is going to be resolved or do I need to detach all my instances and stop working with a library?

Okay I discovered something that might be useful to some !

If you update the library in the same design file where you designed your screens, the overrides stay as they are, no change.

But If you update the library in a file that it’s not where you originally designed the screens, ( maybe where you share them with the dev team ), the overrides are lost.

At least this is what I discovered in my case, I also lost days of work because of this.

but Omar this wasn’t the case until yesterday.

It is good practice to keep a separate library from the project file. I maintain a library that until yesterday was able to update without resetting all my designs, now if I change a style only, my designs revert to the original variant content.

Oh yes you’re right, I spent yesterday and today fixing everything manually, Now I just tested it and It’s all fixed for me no matter what changes I make and where.

Try traditional solutions like restarting the app, checking for updates … etc

Thanks for the comment, Vasily. But it did not help me, for example.

Hey @Raluca - if you haven’t already, please reach out to support and we’ll work with you to help you fix things now. The underlying issue has been fixed, but impacted files still need to be cleaned up. We have more tooling in the works that should help to streamline this process for those of you that are still feeling stuck, but we’re happy to help you manually in the meantime.

1 Like

What about those that have only created their libraries in the last few days, we’ve literally lost days of work here and even if we pull components in to new libraries and push from that the issue remains.

1 Like

Hey all, thanks for hanging in there with us.

If you were affected by this issue, you can now try the following steps:

1. Reload Figma
  2. As an extra precaution, please try this on a duplicate of your file first.
  3. Run “Fix instance overrides” from the Quick Actions menu (cmd-/).
  4. This should restore the majority of missing instance overrides.

If the above steps work on the duplicate file, please repeat them with the original file to apply the fix.

If you had partially re-applied some overrides to an instance by hand and are still missing some old overrides after running this action, please send a ticket to Figma Support (steps outlined below). Our team is working on building a more sophisticated tool to help remediate these more complex cases and we’ll update you when it’s ready.

If the above recovery steps are not working, or if you’re experiencing other issues, please reach out via our Support contact form. We will also need you to add support-share@figma.com, with edit access , to the library file and a file with a broken override instance. Please link us to the exact component and instance so we can expedite a fix.

Thanks!

PS: We’ll be providing further updates later in the day

8 Likes

Hey everyone we just shared an update with some more details around this bug, how it happened, and what steps we’re taking to make sure it doesn’t occur again. :blush:

Feel free to read more here:

6 Likes